“It came to pass that Kolvek, Priest of Mitra, saw the desolation and savagery of the Exiled Lands. With prayer and sacrifice, he felt the command of his god to bring justice, peace, and civilization to the troubled realm, and end the barbaric reign of savages among the exiles.”
Beyond the Veil is a Heavy RP-oriented server with a friendly and engaged community. Because conflict can and does arise in a world like Conan, PvP is enabled and may happen any time when IC conditions are appropriate. That said, raiding is turned off by default unless an IC conflict requires it.
Major RP features:
- A server city named Hyew (Proto-Indo-European word for justice or law);
- A server-wide, player-focused plot coming soon. Expect a dark, unique story that reacts to player choices and brings into focus questions about gods, mortality, and the lengths people will go to escaped the exiled lands.
- Active Quest NPC system being developed
We are a community-run server, and all major rule changes (as determined by the admin team, with deference given to community opinion) are put up for a vote among the members. We pride ourselves on being open to feedback and open to change, focusing on what our members feel is best for the server overall.
Server name: Beyond the Veil
Location of server: US East Coast
Max Capacity: 70
Age Restrictions: 18+
Server is passworded. There is a brief application conversation before approval to view the full Discord and password details.
Server Settings (full details available on discord):
- XP is set to x2
- Gathering rate: 1.5
- Day/Night: (still being adjusted)
- Cycle: .5
- Day: .7
- Night: 1.3
- No drop on death
- Avatars disabled
- Purge is enabled
- Decay is enabled on a slow timer
- Low Hunger/Thirst
- Logged out characters do not remain in the world
- Raids are off by default; raids will be enabled only for IC
- Containers Ignore Ownership: Yes
Does the server use mods? Yes, although our philosophy is to favor server stability over heavy mod usage.
- All the Little Things
RP and RP-PvP rules:
- Character and Clan names should fit the Conan setting.
- No metagaming, griefing, cheating, or trolling.
- Reasonable IC theft is allowed, as long as RP is involved.
- We take building rules seriously, to reduce server load and make the game fun for all members. Buildings should not block passages or points of interest. See our full rules on Discord for details.
- Interpersonal PvP must be preceded by IC conflict, and must allow both parties time to respond ICly. Anyone can run away from PvP ICly without a loss. We have a die-roll system for situations where PvP results in a loss and the participants cannot agree on the outcome. Permadeath can only happen if the dying character's player feels it is appropriate.
- We are slowly adding quests that grant and accept Pippi currency, to create an active virtual economy. New quests will cover a variety of playstyle preferences.
- We have player-run Pippi NPC merchants for specialty shops (max one merchant per player)