Main Forum

RotS texted based RP / PvP

8 replies
Votes:
+6
Ruins of the Storm is a Conan: Exiles Heavy RP, light PvP 18+ community. We emphasize character & story development through immersive and enriching roleplay, whether it be through admin driven stories & quests, or through roleplay between player characters. Our server carries an overall story arch that players may choose to become part of, or not. The team here is meant to assist in furthering a great experience whilst also driving a primary storyline as you would see in a DnD campaign or similar.
We offer new players joining the server a free level boost, so no need to worry about levelling up, jump straight into the immersive roleplay experience our server offers!

Name of Server: Ruins of The Storm
PVE or PVP? Light PVP
Age Restrictions: 18+
Location of Server: NA
Max capacity of server: 40
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/rcvgMk7
Is the server pass worded or open? Open
Server Settings
XP rate: x1
Gathering Rate: x1
Day/Night Ratio: 50/50
Hunger/Thirst settings: .1
Drop Equipment on Death: No
God Avatars Enabled: No
Containers Ignore Ownership: Yes
Purge: Disabled

Peak Play Times: (This is understood to be approximate and subject to fluctuation) nights 7-3est
Does the Server use Mods? Yes
If yes, Mods List:
- Map of the Storm
-Emberlight Lament
-Immersion
-Savage Steel
-Sexiles
-Pippi
Is there an application to join the server? No
Server Lore: Established Conan Lore with emphasis on RE Howards, as well as our own history and timeline of the exiled lands.
Server Ruleset: PVP must have RP initiated before hand and perma-death occurs on our server
Posted Sep 8, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 22, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+2
This was my first Conan Exiles Roleplay Server I joined and I must say that this community has given me better Roleplay than I have ever had in any game in my 12 years of roleplaying. The stories here are amazing and I have had so much fun here, I definitely recommend joining this wonderful server. They have such a dedicated admin team and the most amazing server owner ever, I've played on other servers but this one by far is the best Roleplay server ever.
Attached Images
Posted Sep 10, 18 · Last edited Sep 10, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+2
When I decided to play on Ruins of the Storm, I was expecting your average RP. I never expected to be so immersed from the moment I joined. The community is one of the best around and the server continues to surpass my expectations. I loved the interactions so much, that I formed a very intricate history for my character and included stories of events, like the one below (of her childhood)

A Young World Burning

"Father?? FATHER!!" The cries of a frightened child amidst panicked screams rang out into the abyss of night. "Ranan?! Verwyn!!" Tiny eyes darted about as she scrambled, looking for any signs of a familiar face. "...Mother!"

"I'm here, my child!" Ru'saan's mother called to her, racing through the streets and clutching the child tightly to her as she scooped her up, searching frantically for a place to hide. Against her chest, she could feel the girl in her arms partially sobbing.
"Where's Father?? Ranan... Verwyn..??"
"They're gone.. and we have to leave now if we don't want to share their fate." The woman led the way, holding the girl's hand tightly as they darted through the flame-dotted streets. Ru'saan saw houses on fire.. their inhabitants racing out only to be cut down by the raiders who descended upon their village like a plague of chaos and death. She and her mother left the carnage, the screams..the blood... trying to find safety in the dense underbrush. They paused a moment, crouching low and catching their breath as the woman tried to quiet her child.

Burning.jpg

"Wh..why..?"
"I don't know, my Precious..but we can't linger here. we have to keep moving..we have to--" Her words were cut short by the sounds of arrows cutting through the branches and leaves. "Run!" The two scrambled to their feet, trying to make their way to the thicker brush, but her mother stumbled, doubling over in pain. Ru'saan looked, her eyes growing wide as she saw the arrow in her mother's side. "Leave me.. go.." The young girl, filled with fear, refused to leave her mother's side, moving herself under the woman's arm to support her as they stumbled onward to the sound of hounds and frenzied yells. With a gasp, the woman fell to her knees, shivering. "Ru'saan..."
"Mother, we have to keep going.. it..it's not far, right?"
"No...it's.. not far.." she smiled to the child, comforting and soothing her. She placed a hand to her small cheek, placing her forehead against hers. "You're strong. You can make it. Be brave for me, little one; the gods touched you..." She lifts a hand, brushing her fingers to the side of the girl's face, indicating her strikingly blue eyes. "...you're meant for something.." She tilted her head a moment, before removing the Aldein family necklace from around her neck. Given to the eldest son to gift to the woman he would marry, the brass-beaded piece of jewelry had been passed down through the generations.. and the woman placed it in her daughter's hands, her own clasped over them. "Y...you're the eldest now."
"...Mother..?" Her head lifted to see the smiling face...before that smile twisted, the eyes widening as she was grabbed and pulled backwards suddenly. "MOTHER!" The young girl tried frantically to pull her mother back, before there was a sudden jerk and the sounds of pained screams. There was a snap...and the clink of multiple brass beads raining onto the rocks under their feet filled her ears.
"My daughter.... Don't Look Back.. RUN!!" The last words her mother would say to her.. she was grabbed, kicking and screaming as the young girl fell to the ground, quickly scooping what beads she could before turning and racing off into the night. She closed her eyes, tears streaming her face as the screams grew more and more distant....before there was nothing but deafening silence, save for the sounds of her own thundering heartbeat, and her feet drumming a quickened beat on the ground...
Clenching her hands around the beads protectively, the little girl ran.. she knew not how far, or for how long... but she didn't stop. Not until her small legs failed her, and her body fell to fatigue and hunger...and all went black.....

"..by Mitra... what has happened here?" the voice sounded distant, like an echo. Ru'saan held on, barely, to consciousness, hearing the voices around her. "...someone get the High Priestess; tell her a girl was found on the temple steps.. What is she clutching..?"
Posted Sep 10, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
A really nice server

Amazing RP with players and admins.
Really great mods and custom mods from the modders.
Very lovely people in the discord when not RPing in game.
Very approachable admins and very helpful.
Posted Sep 16, 18
Votes:
+6
From custom quests and built in map locations effected by players actions no server I have seen puts in more work for its players than this one. Even custom weapons and armor to fit players specific roleplay.

werepanther.jpg

20180124173605_1.jpg
97e56f0b86fc421c7eea6c5337e78350.jpg
unknown.png
quest.jpg
Untitled.jpg
dred.jpg
dred2.jpg
highlands.jpg
threerivers.jpg
avalia.jpg
avalia2.jpg
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
Attached Images
Posted Sep 30, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Dee
Votes:
+2
This server was the first server I ever really cared to fully immerse myself into and learn how to RP to the depth I do today. The staff have all been helpful teaching me and patient while I was learning. I use to dabble in a few different servers, but have since focused all my attention here because I absolutely fell in love with the community. Below is a short character bio from my favored character Deala, who has been across several server with me but found a home on Ruins of the Storm.

A NEW BEGINNING

Like many mornings recently, Deala awoke next to her love wondering why the gods decided to smile down on her after shunning her for so long. The life growing inside of her was restless once more causing her the rise and dress for the day while her husband lay fast asleep in the comfort of the massive bed recently delivered. She walked out to the patio overlooking the city, now her city and once more thought of the path that lead her here. She was a discarded child bride, who through battle earned a place amongst the northerners in The Bori keep. She fought for her freedom alongside her brothers there gaining the ability to remove the bracelet of bondage placed upon her and the rest of the inhabitants of the Exile lands from Toth Amon. She had journeyed across the different regions to improve trade. But the most memorable was when she found him, or rather he found her. It wasn’t supposed to have turned into a romance, but it did. From the moment he picked her weakened half dead carcass up from in front of the fountain where she had collapsed, their friendship grew rapidly into a great respect and love of each other.

They fought together side by side in the depths of the volcano, the bowels of the black keep and defeated the undead dragon.
20180718112804_1.jpg

He began grooming her in the ways of politics while she stood by his side during numerous meeting, tournament and high profile events.
20180728110114_1.jpg
20180816115021_1.jpg

The day he asked her to be his wife and his queen was one that seemed so unreal at the time, but her emphatic response of “Yes” felt as natural as the breath he constantly took away. The wedding followed by the coronation was a blur of activity and to this day, she still couldn’t tell you what, or even if she did eat that day, but she can tell you that there was no place else she will ever be than by his side.
2b.jpg
11.jpg

And now, not long after the wedding, there is to be a little one soon joining their family. Her fingers splayed across her bulging middle trying to calm the one inside while a soft smile spread across her face. Yes, the gods have definitely blessed her.
Posted Oct 2, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+33
https://gyazo.com/4e88bc9e293dd23cb959329f4792093b

Hungry like the wolf.
Posted Oct 10, 18
Votes:
+6
New dungeon coming soon!
Attached Images