Main Forum
Page
of 7

GAME OF THRALLS Season 5

67 replies
Votes:
+55
Town of Nekhet, abandoned by all it's former protectors, has now new reasons to worry. Shrines dedicated to the ancient serpent blossom all over the place, a sassy challenge to the temple of Mitra nearby. And fortress of Ravenhold, former vassal to barony, suffered Night of the long knives, all its former inhabittants getting killed or scattered to four winds by their former mercenaries.
https://discord.gg/gH8d7Dt
Posted Oct 29, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+16
(Here is the final story, closing the book on the final two characters in a triangle of passion and emotion. Join the server to see more!)

There is always a beginning, middle and end to every story and no story is complete without love, loss, growth and defeat.

The cold winds of the far North bite against the Maiden's skin albeit she has grown used to such conditions. They all have grown used to the heavens that wept for these lands. Grown used to the biting cold that came in the nights. Yet Namaira especially had grown used to the warm touch of the Zamorian woman's lithe frame. Oh how sweet the memories of times spent together, kisses stolen in the beginning and devotions declared in the end. Yet, It was time for their story to come to a close.

Namaira steps close taking her hand to caress the cold skin of the woman's features before her. Rahna was tired, defeated, broken and at her end. She had given everything for Namaira, for Ravenhold. Even in the end she did what she believed was right and in the end Namaira would do the only thing that she could to save the woman's soul. Blood soaked the Zamorian woman's frame, her features, and her hair. No longer was she the vivacious blonde but painted in crimson as the Lotus itself. The land was tearing them apart, attempting to snuff out the light, dimming it to no more than a flicker within. They would never escape.

Taking a breath she looks deep into Rahna's eyes,

"My love, my life..."(edited)

Weary compassionate eyes linger back, the moment frozen, a soft smile curving across her pale blood stained lips. "...Yes M'love?" she responds. No one else mattered, not Sigurd, Prestus, Harald nor Frigga... not even Ravenhold itself. Nyx was an afterthought, nothing more than a whisper to a memory. It was this moment, that she would lose herself in.

"I have treasured every moment you have given me in these lands. You have brought hope to my heart when I thought there was none to be had yet... these lands... they are killing the light within. You brought back the part of me I thought died that fateful night, with Willow's aid. You returned your half of my heart."

Namaira pauses, closing her eyes as Rahna reaches up to trace her fingers through ebony locks of hair, her features wincing in pain at the seeping wound on her side. Namaira's mind struggles as she looks upon the wound, a wound she first tended to nearly a year ago when the Raven brought the woman west to her doorstep... before it became a home.

"Though I never truly could give you all of my heart."

The Vendhyan Maiden turns, her amber eyes laying gaze to Njól's urn upon the alter, weathered by time and storm itself.
"I have loved you more than a whole heart ever could. Rahna, the time... the time for us has come. We will not escape these lands...and I will not leave without you."

Looking down toward the wound, Namaira caresses her cold skin, taking in her weary gaze as the Zamorian coughs, weak words falling from her lips. "...You still can...you can still build that Tavern by the water love.." Her skin growing paler with every passing moment as she continues to speak. "...I always did what I thought was right for Ravenhold...for us..." Taking a deep breath, Namaira helps the woman lower to her knees, the snow crunching below her delicate frame, the ground around her stained deep crimson.

"I know my love." She says softly to Rahna, following in suit, kneeling before the woman in the fresh powder beneath. Her gaze searches within the woman's, taking in every last feature, taking in every last smile, her beautiful eyes as Rahna speaks. "...I love you Namaira...we promised each other always..."

"...and I will love you always... may the gods see fit in their judgement upon us."
Namaira takes the woman's hand in one, intertwining her fingers. Slowly she slides the blade that once belonged to Njól from the slip over her shoulder, her gaze never wavering, never straying from the woman before her. "Is this what we are doing?" The soft voice of her love calls.

"Together, even in the end."

Without hesitation Rahna produces a blade as well, one that the great General Prestus was not able to take from Rahna, one given long ago to her by Namaira. Rahna laughs, coughing and blood spattering across the snow in front of her. "Always prepared..." And yet another voice could be heard, one whom resisted orders, one whom tried to keep the family together though the effort was in vain. Namaira paid no heed to Prestus, her gaze only on Rahna. Leaning in Namaira takes a final breath, pressing her lips, the last bit of warmth in the North to her beloveds. The copper taste of blood was bold against her senses yet she did not shudder or stray away. Gently she separates her hand from the woman's, releasing her grip only to move up, running fingertips through her blood stained locks one last time. A single tear falling from the Zamorian's crystalline gaze, freezing in the frigid air.

In turn Rahna retrieves her own blade, reaching around Namaira, as if to embrace her beloved one last time. The woman's skin was ice, her touch weak and even her blood was beginning to run cold. Without a moments hesitation the two women draw back in sinuous motion. Namaira drives the massive blade, once belonging to Njól, through the chest of the delicate woman before her, piercing her heart as a final tear sheds for the Quickblade - The Raven's Blade driving her own blade through Namaira's back, fire burning from behind. The cold steel driven through her back, searing pain causing Namaira to gasp and her eyes widen, the blade cutting through bone and flesh reaching the heart that belonged to Rahna and piercing through connecting the two in an eternal embrace.(edited)
...I'll...see you...at the Tavern..." the last words whispered into Namaira's ear as blood begins to spill from her lips and her eyes begin to close drawing her final breath. Namaira seizes as blood spatters from her own lips, her grip tightening for only a moment as her arms fall loosely away, head resting upon the woman's shoulders. The light beginning to dim from her amber eyes, a final whisper: "I love you."

Upon the 15th day of the Month of the Dragon in the Year of the Lion, Namaira - Raven and Maiden of Ravenhold and Rahna the Quickblade were burned in the frozen North and laid to rest by Sigurd, Zeal of Ravenhold/Prestus, Shield of Ravenhold and Harald of Ravenhold. Both women were laid to rest upon an altar built long ago
Attached Images
Posted Oct 29, 18 · Last edited Oct 29, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+14
The thrill of the hunt. There was not a better feeling in life. His senses came alive, adrenaline rushed through his dilated veins as he sprinted after his prey, bow in one hand with ball-headed arrows in the other. He was of course no tracker so the flank's of his prey had to be adequately sliced to provide a trail of blood to follow.

A minute, that was the advantage he provided the animals he hunted. Long enough to make it a challenge, yet not too long to give a good chance of escape. This was true freedom.

And there she was, his prey, dashing through the bushes of the oasis aiming to hide behind some boulders. He stopped and unleashed an arrow aiming just to the side of the rock.

CRACK

His lips formed into a grim smile as he watched his prey, now whimpering, rise and begin dragging its leg behind it as it desperately tried to survive and escape him. The intelligence of animals was laughable, they always ran in a straight-line, a bowman's dream. It now ran, due to its simple mind; at a fraction of its original speed.

This is where the thrill faded and was replaced with disgust at the truly pathetic display of survival. He fired another arrow, this one smashed into its shoulder causing it to fall forwards into the sand. He drew closer and fired a third arrow hitting the creature in the elbow as it used it to rise, the outcome was a bestial scream of pain as the elbow was shattered. It was over.

Even as he was tying the rope around its neck it was begging. It was useless now, a broken hip its elbow shattered and mangled. He was doing the animal a mercy in dedicating her to his god. “Please don’t kill me!” The girl screamed at him. His reply was simply a scoff as he began to heave the rope tightly over the tree and the screaming got louder until the only thing that broke the silence was the rustling of the palms.

nc4jDQ3.png
Posted Oct 30, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+55
Fort Wolfguard - new power in the exiled lands, emerging from former Ravenhold, has already started with imposing it's will upon surrounding lands, while the town of Nekhets is being unavoidably dragged into civil war among Mitreans and the cult of snake.
A new year, according to the calendar of our server, has come.
Who will survive 'till the end of it's first moon, and who will be burying dead friends?
Posted Nov 2, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+61
The community and players story building has been amazing this season. So many twists and turns; the rise and fall of powers. Who currently can challenge the power of the Wolfguard kingdom? With the desolation of the Barony will there be anywhere safe for the civilised folk?

Well come Join our Discord Chanel and read the character stories, look over our guides and lore.

All RP players are welcome.
Posted Nov 5, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+55
Town of Nekhet died out, the inner war among Mitreans and Setites caused all the surviving inhabitants to scatter around the exiled lands, seeking refuge. Fort Wolfguard seemingly stands proud, despite resistance growing all around, and fighting that erupted in the self proclaimed royal pair. North is full of smaller new forts, castles and hunting lodges, and jungle hosts a number of settlements too. Come join us for the perfect RP experience.
Posted Nov 8, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+61
So the hunt is on for the Baron. Who is brave enough to claim his head and the massive reward offered
Posted Nov 11, 18
Votes:
+14
War rages on in the North! The third assault upon Eagle's Nest had been weathered! Casualties on both sides! No bounty has been claimed! And now a dragonpowder dusted letter declaring war on all?

Why is this War continuing? What's going to happen next? Join our server to find out more!
Posted Nov 13, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+61
So the great kingdoms have fallen; the siege of the eagles nest failed and many new deaths. The wheels of fate never stop as this exiled land once more shows how cold and uncaring it truly is.

Please come join our discord Chanel and look at the players stories, our detailed lore section and put in an application to join.

GoT is the best lore derailed, mature player lead servers currently running

Cone join in the fabulousness.
Posted Nov 15, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+61
Raven fly out to all corners of the exiled lands with news; the Baron is dead; choking to death on the poisonous gas of the shattered spring; his sworn energy watching in glee has he chokes. What will happen now to his treasures in the eagles nest?

The citisens of the oasis start the slow rebuilding and new arrivals are making new of the old town to reestablish a hint of civility in these harsh land. Let's hope the new masters can keep them safe.

Whispers of the death of the king of the north are arriving but have not been co firmed and whispers of a new evil around the lands, who are this mysterious cult that seem to causing concern.

So again the wheel of the ages turn. Come join our fantastic server. Join our discord to read the back stories and lore. New player and old cone to the best season of GoT yet.
Posted Nov 19, 18
List
Undo
Page
of 7
Top Posters
673 Posts
210 Posts
209 Posts
194 Posts
171 Posts
Happy Birthday!