Main Forum
Page
of 7

GAME OF THRALLS Season 5

67 replies
Votes:
+9
The server mod did really add to that with the non-visible steam-ID and the removal of the event log, makes for a lot better immersion! :-)
Posted Aug 22, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
A great place to sit back, enjoy and create your story, the interactions are intense and the gameplay is challenging enough to keep interest. Always love playing each season.
Posted Aug 24, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+12
I'm loving this server. Great community, dedicated admins, immersive world and truly well crafted characters. I've seen people die, not because of random PvP jumps, but as a result of well crafted and enjoyable encounters. At the moment, my poor little character is literally fearing for her life and making strong bonds with the people around her. Can't wait to see how the threads all come together and pan out. I literally can't wait to log in again!
Posted Aug 24, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+38
10 days in, the server launch have been very successful. As an admin and owner I look at things through a different lens than the players above (although their comments warm my hearth).

What I see is server hardware running close to flawlessly, making sure that players will have a lag free environment for when RP escalates to conflict. Which it did on friday when a 4 vs 10 skirmish occured - 14 players engaged in PvP and the server had 55 server FPS, you don't see that on most servers.

I also look at the effects of settings and out mod tweaks. So far players are loving the added immersion and I've even got complimented on our longer respawn rates - players saying it felt much more realistic that a forest stayed gone for some time after going mad lumberjack on it. In fact, on our server you can now "read the land", I've more than once passed by a place thinking, didn't there used to be iron there, and then finding a hidden house nearby. And nothing beats the paranoia of an abandoned NPC camp, knowing a blood mad berserker might still be nearby.

Thirdly, player population. During prime time we have a healthy population. Topping 20 simultaneous logged in players over both weekends. That is a good population, but we would love for it to become even larger.

Lastly, I look at population health. We have already had deaths, skirmishes, power plays, etc... As an admin I've not been involved in a single dispute, which means our application process and our clearly defined concept is working. Players are mature, and they are damn good RPers as well. There is not a single dominating force, power is still very fluid with two larger and multiple smaller groups - with intrigue going on between them as well.

This start have all the signs of becoming GoTs best season ever, feel free to join our discord at https://discord.gg/fHmXmDY - look around at Concept, Settings, Rules and Lore - then if you like what you see, put in an application.
Posted Aug 28, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+5
This is definitely one of the most stable servers I've been on, in terms of performance. No constantly-changing IP addresses here, and it saves me the headache so I can just log in and RP already!
Posted Aug 28, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+61
With loads of new players; great RP and new plots in play; what is not to love about the new season of Game of Thralls. Come and join us at our Discord to find out more.

https://discord.gg/gH8d7Dt
Posted Aug 30, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+55
Damn, last night's RP and PVP action taxes heavily on my sleep time :)
Posted Aug 30, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+97
A sneak peek at our ic-stories channel on Game of Thralls dsicord — a story of my previous character, Hyena Shaman and chosen of Jamanakh. It ended with huge RP climax after a week of very intense RP involving large part of server population (of course, even if it's a story of already deceased character, treat it as OOC info when you join our server):

4073535.jpg

Humming an ancient incantation without words, the one going back to golden age when men knew the tongue of beasts and gods – or demons, as those city dwellers call them – walked among them, shaman goes from vision to vision. He is a beast spirit chasing truth that always tries to evade and hide among illusions. The more fun to track, the more glory to catch it and hold with powerful jaws made for crushing bones. Shaman’s ebony skin, covered with war paint made from grease, blood and red clay, glitters in the light of dancing flames. Glowing red eyes and snow white hair show the corruption settled deep in his body. The blessing of Jamanakh, The Hyena-God, dark lord of grassy hills and plains.

His god came to him when shaman was hanging on the cross, left there by Zembabweians (those were too afraid to slay a witch doctor, a Sangoma, knowing what curse it can bring upon them). Wind from the North brought the laughing howls of his spotted kin who feasted on corpses near river – and Jamanakh spoke to him through their voices. Witch-doctor changed. It was not a powerful change that happens when Jamanakh enters his weak human shell attracted by a beautiful female body before his eyes. Not a full shapeshifting into a hyena man, still enough to obtain true fangs and claws. Some tall flesh bag who came with axe from the desert stood silently near the cross, looking at the half-human creature that destroyed the remaining bindings and transformed cross into a pile of broken wood. Witch-doctor snarled at the possible prey hungrily. But the voices of his kin still called from North, telling about promised hunting grounds waiting, so he ran to water, leaving sands and strange flesh bag behind.

His new pack grew quickly. They were happy in the hunting grounds. They found an ancient temple, all marble, broken pillars and statues of some forgotten goddess, and they made it their den. He, as a true Sangoma, brought Jamanakh’s blessing to every worthy female he met — for what is breeding with god if not a blessing. He never took lives, apart from one poor girl who was possessed by the evil spirits of madness — so he released her soul and consumed her flesh. Even captive prey, those who broke taboo and killed sacred beasts or worn their skins, even those got their place within the pack and grew happy to accept their true self — their destiny that Sangoma showed to them, discarding their senseless previous lives. He kept promises when he was treated fairly, as a pack’s alpha. There were tributaries, of course, and lots of flesh prey who was forced to give tribute and left unconscious on the hot sand — but he never took their lives.

Then it all changed. One of his beloved pups, his best tracker, was gone missing, vanished in thin air. And a week after that hunters came from the darkness, swinging long claws made from dragon bone, promising to slay him and his children. They kept talking later – and while Jamanakh revealed truth to his chosen, the Sangoma laughed, full of excitement and anger. He had to protect his children by all costs. He, Alaala of Punt, Sangoma and Man-Mother of Hyena Tribe, their hope, their alpha. He felt something warm touching his feet and looked down at a slave who came crawling and licking it with excitement. Alaala grinned, showing the disturbingly large white fangs. Jamanakh will keep his head cold as corrupted stone, while his heart is full of sacred joy of eternal hunt. He lets out a long triumphant howl.

4073534.jpg

And that's how it ended (with some lenghthy RP aftermath following):

Posted Aug 31, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+55
The wheel turns again and new story lines sprout a and blossom like weed. Some end abruptly, when stronger ones devour them. Great and flamboyant civilization that was borne in the Oasis was almost extinguished by sorcery, plotting and treason. It has become terrible, twisted and corrupt. The Black king and his undying bride reign with free hand. Who will stop them now? Some whisper about the young illegitimate daughter of a king, who desperately tries to gather people of good faith. Is there hope yet?
https://discord.gg/gH8d7Dt
Posted Sep 1, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+61
Another brilliant week of plots, deceptions, cunning power play and great character deveopment. come and join one of the most mature, heavy RP and lore detailed servers. Come and visit our discord Chanel for details and application.
Posted Sep 3, 18
List
Undo
Page
of 7
Top Posters
673 Posts
210 Posts
209 Posts
194 Posts
171 Posts
Happy Birthday!