Page
of 4

Oasis of the Damned, an RP-PvP Server

33 replies
Votes:
+16
92h9qrs.jpg
Oasis of the Damned

Come and join us as we enter the Exiled Lands and make the most of this terrific sandbox to create a living, breathing landscape with a story created by us, the players. While we will support and encourage player v. player combat, this server is firstly a roleplaying server. Designed to combine both the well-designed and ruthless combat of Conan Exiles with your very own storylines as they develop in the Exiled Lands. All of the events taking place here will be built with the players at the core, with the goal being to provide a roleplaying server with consequence, grit, depth, and fun.

A quick look at our more basic rules...

• First and foremost, you must be over the age of 18 to play on this server. The themes portrayed in the world of Hyboria can include events such as rape, murder, slavery, war, and much more, all portrayed in their raw and uncensored nature. Thus, being of legal age is mandatory to roleplay here. There are no exceptions.
  • The scope of these very general rules will not cover any and all situations that take place on the server. Therefore, please respect that any decision made by the admin team is the final authority. The purpose of our admin team is neither to abuse their position nor restrict a player’s RP. It is to facilitate a safe, fair, and friendly OOC environment to create stories and roleplay in the Exiled Lands.
  • Mistakes happen to all of us, but we ask that when roleplaying you make use of proper grammar. Simple punctuation and use of uppercase letters at the beginnings of sentences—that sort of thing!
  • When naming a character, we ask that you do so with the setting of Hyboria in mind. Old world names are appropriate choices, as opposed to out-of-character names or names of lore characters.
  • Server wipes will not be a regularly planned aspect of Oasis of the Damned. This server’s story is meant to be conserved for as long as possible in an effort to create an ever-changing world that carries both depth and consequence.
  • Oasis of the Damned will be an RP-PvP server. The combat mechanics of Conan Exiles can and will be used to determine the outcome of IC situations. Plan for PvP, but only participate and carry it out if it has an IC rationale. KOS is not allowed.
  • Oasis of the Damned is an English-speaking, text-based RP server.
  • The prerequisite to joining our server is to join our Discord. Discord will be the sole means used to get announcements out, plan events, and manage disputes that take place in-game.
  • Do not give out the password of this server to anyone who has not been assigned the Exiled tag in the Oasis of the Damned Discord. The only means to join this server is to undergo read and agree to these rules. This means changing your discord nickname to your IC name once you have done se. Maintaining the security of our server and its players is very important, and infractions will be taken very seriously.

PVE or PVP? PvP

Age Restrictions: 18+

Location of Server: North America

Max capacity of server: 40

Is the server passworded or open? Passworded

Server Settings
XP rate: 3x
Gathering Rate: 2x
Day/Night Ratio: 0.5
Hunger/Thirst settings: Active, 0.5. Idle, 0.1.
Drop Equipment on Death: No
God Avatars Enabled: Disabled
Containers Ignore Ownership: No
The Purge Activated: Yes

Peak Play Times: Evening hours of EST.

Mods list:
*UnlockableContainers.pak https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877108545
*StylistPlus.pak https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/1159180273
*Emberlight https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369802940
*Warrior Mutator: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1402835318
*SlaverMod.pak https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386982683
*SexilesMod.pak https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1206493209
*Pippi.pak https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880454836

Is there an application to join the server? Not currently.
Posted Jun 13, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 21, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
Hi there. I'm Wendy one of the admins on Oasis of the Damned. If you have any questions feel free to reach out or to join the Discord. Some of you have probably played with me on other servers throughout EA and hopefully we'll get a chance to tell all new stories!
Posted Jun 13, 18
Votes:
We've been asked a few times about our server.

We're running on a Dedicated Server with an I7 CPU, 1TB SSD, 64 GB ram.
Posted Jun 14, 18
Votes:
+1
The Homestead

The lands were filled with savages, blood thirsty monsters and harsh weather conditions, but among it laid a refuge. A grand tavern which welcomed any through it's doors as long as intentions were peaceful. Where one could enjoy fresh foods and finely brewed drinks, for a price. The Tavern was supported by a well cared for farm that kept the tavern supplied but also allowing for potential trade with other groups. For those wandering the wastes seeking survival, one could find a home here at the cost of working for room and board. But if you lived there or not, the warmth of its hearth always made it feel like home.

What is the Homestead?
The Homestead is a Tavern on the Oasis of the Damned server, run by a Stygian named Sidonis. His skills in farmer and brewing helped bring to life a place for people to relax. The owner's kindness ensures all are welcome, and he's happy to give anyone a home that is willing to work for their place on the Homestead. Food and Services from the tavern can be paid for in trade rather than just coin.

The Homestead also deals in large scale trades for those needing supplies for their clan, events, etc

Features
-Freshly made brews and food straight from the farm. (Looking for Cook)
-Dancers and various entertainment (Looking for Whores/Dancers)
-Warm comfortable beds and safe rooms for rent
-Secure Campsite where one can lay they bedroll at no charge
-Farm fresh goods up for trade.
-Neutral Ground where one may have meetings or find refuge from undesirables.

Looking for
Gardeners, Animal Handlers, Traders, Brewers, Guards, Bartenders, Barmaids, Dancers, Whores, And anything else we may need.

*Experience not required, The Homestead will take in anyone and help them find a place for those who are lost.*

Rules
-No fighting, killing or conflict on the land. This is neutral land.
-Do not farm or sexually harass the farm animals. (No not even if you pay)
-If you pass out in the bar and stay the night, you have to pay the price for a room.
-Attacking or hurting The Homestead will also hurt those who rely on trade and comfort from us. Choose wisely before breaking any rules.

Currently Accepting the following as Trade for food and services
Materials
Seeds of all kinds
Baby Animals

(For any questions or information on how to join, please message Sidonis on the Oasis of the Damned Discord)
Posted Jun 14, 18 · Last edited Jun 14, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+5
Server is running really nicely so far. Nice players and very little lag making the experience enjoyable. I really enjoy the immersion aspect. Great staff too working behind the scene.
Posted Jun 15, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
The server is great, the community is lovely.
For those who care about some of the game aspects, there's also plenty of fair kits for everyone available, although I am not sure how long they'll remain.. I am Vigil's clan leader and of course what they are can be found on the discord after you've been verified.

and we're also open for more people to join the clan, and it would make lil' ol' me happy. :)
Even if you're not a clan player, I think you should give this server a try if you like RP, as that will always be the number one priority.
eGt9Cp2.png
Posted Jun 16, 18
Votes:
+2
Really awesome group of people here! I look forward to logging in and the admins are always super friendly!
v36WVw5.gif
Posted Jun 29, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+2
I've looked at so many servers to take a small community of people and we landed on this one for a few reasons;

40 Player Cap - This game does *not* perform well with over 40 players, this has been the case since Early Access Launch.

RP-PvP not PvP-RP - PvE takes all 'threat' away and many servers seem to have too much of a focus on PvP over RP, with thinly veiled reasons to engage in PvP. This server has been the best experience so far when it comes to RP-PvP.

Gather Rates of 2x - We initially joined when rates were 1x, but due to community input it was upped to 2x, but it won't be going further, I view anything above 2x as making the game far too easy.

Active 'Golden Number' of Players - You can check Battlemetrics, this server is in that perfect zone of about 20-30 average players, be nice to bump it upto 30-40 average players.

Healthy EU and US split - I'm EU, some of my clan are EU some are US, but it's a good split there is always people online.

Good mod selection - But not too many as to cause lag or instability. I haven't seen ONE single server crash yet, not one.

We had a Clan of 7 looking for somewhere to go after leaving two previous servers, we looked at 6 other servers and we landed here. Hopefully that speaks volumes to people seeking a Roleplaying Server, our clan is also currently recruiting; we've built a 'Mini Shadizar' the City of Thieves and hope to have more visit the RP hub and become part of the clan that hosts it, more details about the Clan on the server Discord, check out The Crows

20180626221506_1.jpg
20180626162712_1.jpg
20180623041646_1.jpg

I forgot to mention the utterly amazing /kit system. Gold and Silver coins actually have worth on this server and it's fantastic, you can purchase Legendary Kits, Skelos Armor, by converting coins into currency, so trading with Coins has some real worth.
Posted Jun 29, 18 · Last edited Jun 29, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+3
Hi! I'm Althea and I find myself involved in just a bit of everything on the server. Right now my character is always running around to make connections between clans and players to help open networks for both trade and socialization. The Oasis is a RP-PVP server, which is refreshing because the story and characters take priority over hacking each other up OOC.

I came to the Oasis after meeting the admins on another server. They're good people and I have to admit I'm kind of snobbish when I pick where I RP because I expect both a drama-free and friendly OOC environment and some pretty heavy RP surroundings. I've been really happy with the way this server is run and the admin team listens to what the players want while maintaining steady expectations and rules. As players, we're supported to the best of the admin team's capabilities and they work their butts off to keep things running smoothly. They're on top of keeping up the standards we expect and they're very helpful.

On the technology end, Wendy keeps the server running as optimally as possible and any glitches we've run into have been caused by either Funcom or mods and the clash of updates between them. There haven't been wipes and the server restarts are at a really good time to disrupt the least amount of people online. Mods are carefully considered and reviewed before being dropped into the game and there aren't constant changes or list reorders to have to keep up with.

We welcome you to come check out what we can offer as a community! I feel like I can speak for lots of us when I say that if you have a love for RP and a story to tell, we'd love to meet you and your characters! Don't be shy. You can jump into our Discord (that Judicioux linked above) and get to know us. We have a great time both OOC and IC and we'd love to have new neighbors in the (imagine spooky finger wiggling here) Oaaasissss of the DAMMMMNNNNED!
Posted Jun 30, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+2
I just wanted to bump this again for those looking for a great server. The server is a really happy and healthy place and we would love to have more people come and join us in making great stories together! ♥
v36WVw5.gif
Posted Jul 20, 18
List
Undo
Page
of 4
Top Posters
673 Posts
211 Posts
209 Posts
194 Posts
171 Posts