Main Forum

Important Notice Attention Server Owners- Please Read

5 replies
Votes:
+630
Admins
When you see a player advertise here as looking for a server it is NOT necessary to post your entire server ad in reply. Please simply post a link to your server ad here on the website and, if you wish, a link to your server's website if you have one. Thank you.

Also, as this topic has come up, it would be helpful if you would add to your server ad whether or not you follow R.E. Howard's lore on your server or implement your own. In the latter case it is appreciated if you take some time to explain your lore so people have an idea of what they are getting into.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me here or PM me. Thank you.
AbinIjg.png
Posted Mar 27, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 13, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+630
Admins
Many thanks to those of you who have begun to include the new server information list in your server ads! I have begun the sticky-ing process and plan to be all caught up by launch on May 8th!

Stickied ads will be checked for activity periodically as well. If your ad hasn't had a bump in 3 months I will consider it "inactive" and move it to the Old Server Threads section. All you need to do to get it moved back if that happens is give it a bump saying it's still alive and active and PM me to have it returned to active forums. Ads that are NOT stickied will also be getting moved if deemed inactive.

Here's the info list that I ask you include in your server ad. It's optional but will determine whether or not your ad gets a sticky and is therefore among those seen first!

CE Server Info

Name of Server:

PVE or PVP?

Age Restrictions: (18+, all ages, etc)

Location of Server: (NA, EU, etc.)

Max capacity of server:

Discord (or other) Server:

Is the server pass worded or open?

Server Settings
XP rate:
Gathering Rate:
Day/Night Ratio:
Hunger/Thirst settings:
Drop Equipment on Death:
God Avatars Enabled:
Containers Ignore Ownership:
The Purge Activated:

Peak Play Times: (This is understood to be approximate and subject to fluctuation)

Does the Server use Mods?

If yes, Mods List:

Is there an application to join the server?

If yes, link to application:

Server Lore: (Heavy RE Howard Lore, Other Established Conan Lore (movies, comics, RPGs, other authors who have written Conan stories), Other Custom Lore (please describe in detail)

Server Ruleset: (Here is where you will discuss things like rules applied to PvP, building limitations, perma-death, etc.)
AbinIjg.png
Posted May 1, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+630
Admins
Server ads that have seen no activity prior to August of last year have been moved to the Old Server Threads forum. To get yours moved back to current Server Threads please PM me and include a link to the ad! Thanks!
AbinIjg.png
Posted May 3, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+630
Admins
Hey you marvelous server owners! I try to keep up but if you have recently incorporated the list of info above for your server please let me know via PM so I can give your ad a sticky! Thanks!
AbinIjg.png
Posted May 10, 18 · OP
Votes:
+630
Admins
If you feel your server ad should have a sticky please PM me with a link to the ad. I think we're all up to date but it's always possible I've missed someone! Also remember to keep your server ad active so it remains stickied! Monthly is best (more often even better!) but the cut off is 3 months. If there's been no thread activity after a 3 month period the ad will lose its sticky status. Getting it back is easy though! Just update it and PM me!
AbinIjg.png
Posted May 21, 18 · OP
Votes:
+630
Admins
Welcome to the many new servers that have been springing up since official launch! It's wonderful to see such a vibrant community with so many diverse playstyles! For those of you who wonder how a server gets a sticy status, please scroll up and refer to the 2nd post here. If you've included all that information be sure to send me a PM with a link to your ad so I can take care of you.

A word on server lore...
I have noticed that very few servers really get into the lore they are using for their server. But as a player looking for a server to join this information is absolutely vital. From Howard purists to those who view the game as simply a platform to graft something entirely new on to, there is a breathtaking array of possibilities. You want the right players for your server. Players want to know what to expect. So really expanding that portion of your server ad will help you both!
AbinIjg.png
Posted Jun 22, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Top Posters
673 Posts
211 Posts
209 Posts
194 Posts
171 Posts
Happy Birthday!
&