Main Forum
Page
of 2

Game of Thralls RP PVP 18+ (English-speaking Text-based RP) FRESH START

14 replies
Votes:
+97
RELAUNCH (FRESH START AFTER WIPE) WILL HAPPEN ON FRIDAY THIS WEEK, 3 OF NOVEMBER

You will be able to join and start as a clan, multiple people together (up to 5), but it must make sense lore- and RP wise.

What can you expect? Real Conflicts with Real Consequences. As it should be in the world of Conan.

Tw6Qyhy.jpg

Game of Thralls is a unique non-DMed Hardcore Rolepalying and PVP-Permadeath server allowing players a high degree of personal freedom within a very liberal ruleset. It first started as an experimental alternate lore server based on Game of Throne setting. Now, already having a core group of active players and some invaluable experience, we return to Conan lore to make server interesting to wider range of Rpers who prefer Conan universe. Conan lore resources are being adapted and verified specifically for the server to avoid contradictions and lacunas. We aim to implement all the numerous nations, cultures, religions and cults both into RP and gameplay.

What means Permadeath in our case? The server is first and foremost a RP server, but PVP has an important role as one of the story driving factors. In the case of PVP kill, the victor chooses the fate of the slain victim. This might lead to permanent death, but knock out, incapacitation, capture, being held for randsom or enslaved are also viable outcomes. Permanent death means a new character concept and re-roll. You can choose between starting at level 1 with full freedom to rejoin your previous clan (if it's RP appropriate), or regain 70% of your levels, but not be able to clan up with your previous clan mates for a full real-life week.

We are seeking mature roleplayers that want an immersive experience where they can explore multiple facets of their characters and the conflicts within the world that surrounds them. The main goal is the combination of heavy immersive roleplaying and hardcore real-consequences conflict and ultimately PVP. ERP (Erotic Roleplay) is allowed and welcomed, but not required.. The server is character driven. There will be no server wide story arc, the admins will not be dungeon mastering quests. Likewise, there will not be premade hubs unless the characters build it themselves.

We use mods to help players experience maximum immersion, both improving the gameplay and providing more RP items. But first of all we want to maintain server stability and avoid wipes as much as possible. That's why we carefully pick mods based on a policy, considering the content it adds against quality of execution, appropriateness for lore and ability to enhance RP. The modlist after wipe will be as follows:: No Bracelet, Sensible Brewing, Hephaestus, Primal Armors, Conqueror Bronze Plate Armor, NPC Full Looting System, Stone Statues, Sexiles, Pythagoras, Crassus, Pippi - User & Server Management.

The server is 40 slot with dedicated CPU core to ensure maximum performance. We will upgrade very quickly if we see capacity problems.

To find more information and apply visit our Enjin: https://gameofthralls.enjin.com/
Posted Oct 30, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+9
I'v played with a lot of the role players here for a good while now, one or two of them I knew before conan exile and I can say that the community is a friendly and laid back one with more focus on role playing and having a good laugh in our free time when not slaving away at work or at unie.

The admins only really step into their admin roles when rules have been broken, and being gamers themselves they have never used thir admin powers to cheat or get an advantage.

the role play here is dark gritty, filled with thrills, spilled and chills.

come and join us. :d
Posted Oct 30, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+97
Fresh start after wipe is planned on 15:00 CET (7 AM PDT, 10 AM EDT) this Friday

Join us here: https://gameofthralls.enjin.com/

We aim to implement all the numerous religions and cults (more than 30) both into RP and gameplay. Our Gods and Worship thread is constantly updated with the info about deities, pantheons and their implementation on the server.
How are we doing this? There are two basic groups of cults:

1) The first group connects each cult to one of vanilla altars, allowing you to take the corresponding skill line and craft all or some of sacred items on it. To show the difference between religions in that case we use additional alternate forms of vanilla altars, statues and placeables from the mods.

2) The second group is independent from vanilla altars. The new altars are represented with statues and placeables from the mods. You still make offerings to gods and get your cult rewards, but in that case those are spawned by admins.

yog-1.jpg

Some nations in the world of Conan worship big pantheons of gods and not just single deity. However, it does not mean that you can learn and use all vanilla religions at one time. One character is not allowed to learn several vanilla religions and craft religious items from their altars by himself. He is free to use them if he bought or looted them as trophies.

Similarly, altars to 4 main vanilla gods (no matter to what religion they are connected) can’t openly coexist within one settlement. The only exception are altars built by slaves of different nations. Slave can build an altar of his native religion if allowed, but never above T1. Altars built by slaves will also usually be situated at the outskirts.

The Cult of Ibis also gives a unique possibility to build and use T1 altars to both Mitra and Set, but those shrines can’t be upgraded and should be safely hidden from strangers, otherwise followers of Ibis might be accused of heresy. Altars made by cults in the settlement where those are prohibited/not tolerated must be well hidden (inside the building, cave etc.).

Learn more about our implementation of religions
Posted Nov 2, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+5
There is hardly anything more suspenseful and thrilling than knowing at any moment you could stumble upon a new rival or a new friend. As you build up your base you never know if you'll get a friendly stranger visiting your door or ruthless raiders looking to take your pride and those sweet juicy iron reinforcements. That said, it's fair. The rules of this server are carefully thought out to be easily enforceable (with little subjectivity) but also to make it so you don't get raided every few minutes.

Everyone I've met in game has been quality in terms of RP and interesting in terms of characters. So I definitely recommend the server. So apply and start your days of HIGH ADVENTURE!
Posted Nov 6, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+7
My roleplay partner and I have been enjoying this server for several weeks. Since the fresh start last Friday the server has really been hopping with people playing pretty much around the clock. Lots of interesting builds are popping up and there is plenty of gritty and engaging RP to be found.

Additionally the admins are very active with someone on to help with issues almost all the time. Even better they are very responsive whether it means tweaking a server setting or rebooting the server to keep it lag free.
Posted Nov 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
I understand the risk of perma-death scares many a player off. I once thought it too big a risk, that some troll, or someone who just didn't give a rat's furry behind about my character would carelessly kill them. Their "immersion" would be my crippling loss; no RP may come of it. I'm very glad to say I've been proven wrong on this front.

There's REAL tension. When so and so challenges that other guy to a epic duel to the death, and you're invested in one side, or worse, BOTH sides, you're actually cringing with each blow. The sheer number of raiders is actually -down-, because raiding is actually dangerous. They don't get to knock down your door and take your stuff and risk a re-spawn. They have to put their entire character on the line to come and take your stuff. And yes, some people will still do this, but it's meaningful now. Choosing to fight for your stuff, or run like a coward is just as meaningful. role playing the tough guy who takes backs down from no one is actually impressive, because there's real risk. Losing your friends and loved ones to a raider leads to epic revenge archs, -- Hell, I've been Negan'd, and it was epic.

So I'm not sure I can ever go BACK to any other kind of RP server. Especially given the drama that usually implodes them, drama perma death and consequence takes care of. Occasionally being uprooted from your clique and meeting a new group on your new character lets you know the server as a whole, not just your group. So when you end up fighting your old group you know and trust them as role players, and you're going to have a lot more fun with the conflict to follow.

All of this, on top of death not being the first answer most people tends towards. You can expect to be captured, pushed to betray your fellows to save your life. Have your honor taken in a number of ways, role play with your captors and maybe even escape. But you have to be smart ic to get to that point, you can't just puff your chest and rely on a safety net in the rules to get you there.

So give perma death a try, you might just find yourself converted like I have.
Posted Nov 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+38
After the first week of the new season, things are heating up on the server. From a random encounter between a naked slave and three Vanir's looking for fun and excitement, the situation escalated to two characters now being held captive, a raid and the three biggest clans on the server involved in both political maneuvering and violent agression. This is just one of several slices of life from the server, which now hosts a big enough player base to sustain a number of interesting plotlines created by the characters themselves. Read our player's recommendations above, this server allows you to play your story, with consequences and immersion you can't have anywhere else. The more good roleplayers we can get on the server, the more fun it will be for everybody. Join today.

(we are #24 on topconanservers, #35 on Battlemetrics, and increasing every day, this is an active server that is growing in population)
Posted Nov 13, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+24
Question: where is your server hosted geographicwise?
Posted Nov 13, 17
Votes:
+97
Zin, it's a EU server (located in Falkenstein, Germany). We are going to change to UK based server soon (after Funcom finally rolls out the long awaited patch), so our US players will have less trouble with ping.
Posted Nov 13, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 13, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+24
Thank you!
Posted Nov 13, 17
Page
of 2
Top Posters
673 Posts
210 Posts