Main Forum

New Biome Talk!

1 reply
Votes:
+624
Admins
What do you like best about the new biome? What do you feel could be improved, outside of obvious bugs that will hopefully be fixed in due course anyway. How do you feel it compares in quality to the desert biome?
AbinIjg.png
Posted Aug 28, 17 · OP
Fia a
Votes:
+119
Admins
Several things come to mind when thinking about what I like about the new map: the green fields, the snow, the extra adventuring/building area to spread out in, the creatures. One thing I've been delightfully surprised with is the ambient sounds. It's nice to hear birds chirping and animal calls in the distance. I'm back and forth on whether I like the way the music picks up when you've caught the aggro of anything. I could go on and on about the other additions but it would become a TL;DR post.

As for improvements; melee combat feels less fluid and far more clunky since the Frozen North expansion. I do not enjoy it at the moment. I hope the new patch on testlive will help with that. I've adjusted to the new way of firing a bow with the mouse.

The North is more difficult than the South overall but both locations are survivable. Some days I miss the sand and palm trees. It was nice being familiar enough with the whole desert region to traverse it in the dark. The North is going to keep me on my toes for a while.

ps Love the new armors especially the distinct difference between the male and female Vanir Fur Harnesses. I hope they continue with that idea.
Pippi Team Member
Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880454836
Discord: https://discord.gg/BVzEN84
Posted Aug 29, 17
List
Undo
Top Posters
658 Posts
211 Posts
196 Posts
171 Posts
170 Posts