Main Forum
Page
of 2

Any of my AoC peeps here?

13 replies
Votes:
+3
Hi all, I was a long time player of AoC on Wiccana server (Lizanii, Affera, Meliseki) with Shadow Company, Black Daggers & Serpent's Head Raiders, and am debating on coming to Conan Exiles. Basically I'm doing a check in to see if any of my old friends made it to this game and to see how everyone enjoys it.

Should I be buying this game? Does it hold a candle to AoC?
Posted Aug 15, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+71
Liz, I vaguely recall you from Wiccana, but I interacted with all of those guilds at one point or another. I have seen many other AoC'ers around here. Conan Exiles is not as good but better than AoC if that makes sense. It certainly does not offer the depth of things to do like AoC did in regards to PVE, BUT, from an RP standpoint, it really offers a blank canvas and flexibility that was lacking in AoC for RP. I have played since launch for CE, and it has been the RP that has kept my interest. Things have waned a little this summer, but with the new update tomorrow, I expect to see many active again and enjoying the new content. I would definitely recommend you pick it up!
Posted Aug 15, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+624
Admins
Long time AoC player here but on Cimmeria, the RP PVP server. Hung out for a little while on Wiccana long after that server was killed but just couldn't find my love of that game again. Judha has it right though. This game is FAR superior in terms of RP potential to AoC and the gameplay itself is, I believe, going to just get better and better. So hopefully you'll give it a shot!
AbinIjg.png
Posted Aug 15, 17
Votes:
+56
Online on Site
Oh noze... it's Liz... ;)

I only know of a handful from those guilds at the moment, the main one being Ned.
Posted Aug 15, 17
Votes:
+3
Hey Nyxe! Thank you for responding all! Seems like this is a game I should check out then... just purchased it and its downloading now.

Now, what's this about servers? This like minecraft where everyone has their own server?? How's that work with pve/pvp?
Posted Aug 16, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+48
There are official servers, however the rp community tends to gravitate toward privately owned servers. Some are RP-PVE, some are RP-PVP. Each has their own set of rules, and settings also.
Groznakh gro-Urzgrom
Posted Aug 16, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+56
Online on Site
Heya... :) What Groznakh said. Today is the big map expansion drop also, so it may be a little crazy. A lot for them to tweak and fix (because the temp system is a bit cray cray).

Agrinja was around too. Not sure if you remember Gray Order, but they had started a server at launch with Agrinja running it that we were on, but it didn't last (game just too buggy at start, etc, but of course it's EA, so...). Bear pops in and out too.
Posted Aug 16, 17
Votes:
+54
Oh....its Liz. :d
Posted Aug 16, 17
Votes:
+3
Haha, there's an Agrinja playing in ESO that randomly got cuddleattacked. He wasn't you. :oops:
Posted Aug 16, 17 · OP
Votes:
+3
Soooo... I know if I ask what server is best, I'll get sent to the server thread. BUTTT, what server are all of ya'll on? ;)
Posted Aug 16, 17 · OP
Page
of 2
Top Posters
658 Posts
211 Posts
196 Posts
171 Posts
170 Posts
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Thu 21 Jun, 2018
Birthday on Thu 21 Jun, 2018