Main Forum
Page
of 6

Notice Share Your Game Experience Here!

55 replies
Votes:
+179
Does anyone know how to sacrifice NPCs? I made a Set altar and ritual dagger, captured a NPC and dragged it back to my altar but I saw no options to sacrifice. No options on the altar or on the knife I could find. I want to carve out hearts!
kvFweVl.png
Posted Feb 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
wrote:
Does anyone know how to sacrifice NPCs? I made a Set altar and ritual dagger, captured a NPC and dragged it back to my altar but I saw no options to sacrifice. No options on the altar or on the knife I could find. I want to carve out hearts!
Kill the NPC, and then use the sacrificial knife to harvest a heart from them. Doing it on the alter is not needed, per game mechanics
Posted Feb 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+179
wrote:
wrote:
Kill the NPC, and then use the sacrificial knife to harvest a heart from them. Doing it on the alter is not needed, per game mechanics
Oh! So you don't even need to kidnap them and drag them back to your place? You can just harvest from any NPC you kill? That's kinda disappointing, I felt all proud of myself for dragging naked people back to an altar. :p

Thank you!
kvFweVl.png
Posted Feb 8, 17
List
Undo
Naatok a
Votes:
+95
Admins
What?! No altar action for sacrifices?!
What a rip-off! Did the Robert Howard inspired Frazetta paintings just not sink in with FunCom?!
13.jpg

"The oh so eathing Velvet Darkness they fear - Heed! - wherefore delve a barrow?
When in my arms "O! Come here" - I say, elsehither is naught but sorrow!
For what deemest thou so dear thy blood - When through my veins it could flood?"

-Theater of Tragedy, "Bring Forth Ye Shadow", from "Velvet Darkness They Fear"
Posted Feb 10, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
Kilt me gators yesterday, one less creature I have to run away from. Been in game 24 hours.
Could not get the reply email back from Steam.
Bought the game code on Amazon. Took 2 days to get a download, had to go though Steam.
I had 3 disconnects during loading, the last one blew out the Battleye thingy.
Another 2 days of weird servers until I figured out how to load Battleeye.
Snent 3 email to Funcom, Got the first reply 7 days after sending it, and a day after I got it running.

Now that Im in the game. Built a fort, was too far to one side of the map. Built a second fort in the middle bottom of the map.
Im level 18 in 2 days, and still cant get up to the coal part of the map, too many mobs kill me dead.

I deleted AoC, never going back. CE is way cooler.
When something is chasing your group, you do not have to be the fastest runner, only the second slowest
Posted Mar 12, 18
Votes:
+10
I personally like the game. I like the brutality (first survival game) though I admit to minor cheating as admin. I've been exploring the desert (only level 23 atm), learning to raid NPC camps and such. One zone doesn't sound big on paper but if you're at-level it can take a good 2 hours to cross the desert alive.

Recently built a 2-tower newbie hotel at the river so when I open my server life doesn't suck for the new guys. Staffed it with guard thralls, have a well and all the general craft tables, beds, etc. I'm thinking of building a Wheel of Pain near the Set city when I hit 30 and unlocking it for general use (hooray for that mod!). Need another 8GB of memory (July if I start school as planned) and I'll open it up.
wrote:
My game experience so far exists of crying and blowing my rape whistle whilst sprinting from crocodiles, shellbacks, NPC raiders and hyenas.

Sayon, use a bow and stick with flint arrows (can make them in the field for cheap). Crocs will always sneak up on you, but if you're still too low to be able to take them on, scout ahead of yourself and if you see some find a rock and snipe them. Some call it bugging the AI but I'd do the same thing IRL in that situation.
Posted Mar 13, 18
Page
of 6
Top Posters
658 Posts
211 Posts
196 Posts
171 Posts
170 Posts
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Thu 21 Jun, 2018
Birthday on Thu 21 Jun, 2018