Votes:
+109
Sexy social clothing is a must. ;o
Posted Aug 20, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+174
Greetings to the both of you! Glad to see you here and involved! It is very refreshing.

Many people have said a lot of the things that we all look for in all games; character customization, clothes, houses, etc. The freedom to play how we want...looking the way we want. Some of the things that come to mind for myself may seem mechanical but I think they would help improve our experience.

- The ability to have more than one character - This is a big one for me. I am a Gemini, and as such, I was born with a split personality....or seven. I have 20-some alts on SW:ToR (most of them dps juggernauts) because I can. In AoC, I think it is only 12. But there is always another story to be told...or even a bit role in that story. I am not asking for 20 slots or anything but -ONE- is depressing. I would be forced to buy multiple accounts (which is good for you of course).

- The ability to have someone cross servers with all their "stuff" - I think this would help the RP community at large feel like they are all playing together. There will likely be more than one server of RP'ers, RP-PVP'ers, PVP'ers, etc., and having to start over on every server would be a hindrance to the overall community. Having to start over each time to just pop over to see what another server is up to, or "visit another city", would slam the door on the social network that is vital to a thriving RP community. Of course, I would hope this is a setting that could be administered by the server owner for those out there that want everyone to start over so they can spawn camp.

- NPC's - not just the ones in the world walking around but, the ones in our Kingdoms, cities, and villages that we build. Just another thing to breath life into our environments. You could even make it like the guild cities in AoC, where the more that is built, the more that start walking and talking around the cities. Even craftable ones(?), that can be placed as guards, traders, merchants, whores, etc, that way we have to work for it.

The other things; chat system, clothing and weapons(crafted and scavenged, vanity and wartime), nudity (even peckers), and an engaging combat system are all things I can back. I think most of us here are not afraid to work for those things, we just want them available to us.

Thank you again for your time and interest! See you in the sands!
Posted Aug 20, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+109
I'd simply like to echo somethings which has already been said.

First: I'd like to have more than one character slot (perhaps it should be server admin related?) the reason for this is because I like having loads of characters.

Second: I'd like combat to be as realistic and immersive as possible and the weight should be simulated by the weight of overall equipment/and inventory and current gear.

Third: Text chat, proximity chat and all the nice things about chat.

Fourth: I'd like to have as many races as playable as possible for Conan Exiles, everything from Kushites, Picts, Vanir and Aesir - Them all! <3

Fifth: The beautiful soundtrack of Age of Conan. I would love to hear it in Conan Exiles.

Something I'd love to see would be the possibility to sacrifice NPCs to the gods. ;>
Posted Aug 21, 16 · Last edited Aug 21, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+174
A couple more things if I may. These things might take a while to introduce but some ideas nonetheless to poke into your brains.

1. A murderer/bounty system. A duel/pvp/ganking happens...at the 25% health mark, offering the loser a pop-up to give up, giving the winner the chance to either take them prisoner, let them go, or finish them off. They can take whatever they want from the losers bag but if they finish them off, a murderer/bounty goes on them? Maybe even a NPC contract that will spawn mobs on them throughout the world, kind of like in GTA online (maybe not as relentless). Now the loser could also, fight to the end in which no contract would be set. Make this a check mark for those that do not want it as a server setting.

2. Some kind of guild war setting. It would negate the bounty system as the two or more guilds would be at war. No holds barred during war.

Just some thoughts...anyone have any thoughts on these ideas?
Posted Aug 21, 16
List
Undo
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
.anyone have any thoughts on these ideas?
None except that it would be an awesome feature to have
banner.png
Posted Aug 21, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+109
Awesome ideas indeed! ;o I love them!
Posted Aug 21, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+191
I was expecting this thread to get some good responses, but I didn't expect anything like this. Thank you guys so much for all the amazing feedback! Some of the stuff you're suggesting is stuff we've already got in the pipeline, so it's good to see that we're on the right track. :d

Having said that, there are some things that should be mentioned. I'll be as upfront as possible, so feel free to call me out if it sounds like I'm trying to dodge your questions or give you half-answers.

A lot of your feedback reads to me like you're approaching Conan Exiles as an MMORPG, especially with the comparisons to SWG and Age of Conan. This isn't that. It's a survival game like ARK, Rust and Reign of Kings. That obviously doesn't mean you can't swing for the fences when it comes to suggestions and feedback, but just keep it in mind that we're not making another MMO. :)

I should also mention that we're operating with a team size that's a fraction of what Age of Conan and The Secret World had. Funcom was around 200+ people back then, now we're about 40-50, and we had about 4x the amount of dev time as we do now. Raw limitations on resources and time will make the game much tighter in scope than what we've done before, but we're making a lot of the things you've already asked for.

Keep the suggestions, comments and questions coming, though. I do read and write down all of it, and your gets communicated to the team working on the game. If you request specific kinds of visuals, models, designs, hairstyles, etc, please include a picture so we can see what you have in mind. Makes it much easier for us to parse. :) Even a simple drawing helps out a lot.

Cheers!
/Jens
Funcom community manager, working on Conan Exiles.

http://twitter.com/ConanExiles | http://facebook.com/ConanExiles | http://reddit.com/r/ConanExiles
Posted Aug 22, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+109
Thank you for your response! x)

Something I'd like to see is animal taming!
Posted Aug 22, 16
Votes:
+381
I think a lot of us are very excited at the fact that it isn't a simple MMO and that it is a Survival game. Some of our suggestions might seem like pipe dreams, but it may likely be because we don't know much about which features are planned for and which are not, so we're trying to cover everything. :)

I don't know if it is part of the plan, but if Mods are something that we as a community can actively contribute with, it could help offset the fact that the development team is working with a smaller staff and it could fulfil our desire for fluff in some aspects.

I've included quite a few examples of hairstyes to better illustrate what I mean from my original post.
Spoiler: HairShow

badgergamers-logo250.png
Posted Aug 22, 16 · Last edited Aug 22, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+174
Thanks again for the response, Jens.

I agree with you that a lot of the chatter I hear from people that like this genre (Conan), are thinking this to be AoC 2. I think some of us already see the writing on the wall, that "survival" games, are the "New" MMO. That said, there are a lot of them out there at this point and some of these (what we see as) small things, could really set Exiles apart.

I only have one more request from you and the dev team. Some kind of regular official response. Things have been so quiet from you guys until this thread, aside from your screenshots on reddit, etc. Even the small team at 7 Days to Die gives a weekly blog from the lead developer of everything he is, was, or will be working on. Until we see and hear things from you guys, our brains will imagine great things, in hopes that they will be there.

Thanks again!
Posted Aug 22, 16
List
Undo
Page
of 17
Top Posters
658 Posts
211 Posts
196 Posts
171 Posts
170 Posts