Main Forum
Page
of 11

If You Could Ask The Devs...

107 replies
Votes:
+86
wrote:
What I'd love to have is some more information on when mounts might be coming in! I need my pack camel darn it!
Ug4nfKd.jpg

I'm eager for the mount system as well. Although I haven't played on a server since the last one imploded I have recently started up a single player session. After several months away I've found it enjoyable, but after the initial survival stage it's difficult to get excited about all the runs needed to gather materials (again). I almost want to just put it on hold until I take a pack animal with me and fill it up.

I know I can admin in what I want in single player, but I don't want to open up the cheat floodgates as I've found in other games once its open its kind of hard to stop.
Posted Jan 3, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+86
If FuncomCM still visits the site, would it be possible to get a little more detailed description of what we could expect to see introduced by launch, what they would like to introduce post launch, and what has been canned from the feature list?

Some of the great ideas that would set Conan Exiles apart from many of the other survival games like the settlement system and thrall AI seem to have dropped from all discussions as well as other innovative ideas like mounts, the purge, and the sorcery system. It would be interesting to know what is still planned and what has been sidelined.
Posted Jan 3, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+86
The highland biome is amazing and I'm looking forward to the new Jungle biome as well. A concern though is that the highland biome makes the desert one obsolete as both better gear and crafting materials are to be had there. I can only assume following this trend that the jungle biome will again introduce better equipment and materials. While this may be common in the mmo themepark setting it doesn't work nearly as well in the sandbox. While different recipes and crafting materials can be present in different regions (to promote both cross region trade, and cross region raiding) there should be no "best" region for people to go.

Will there eventually be a rebalancing of materials and NPC mobs so that no one region is inherently better, or more difficult than others? Granted the area around the southern river in the desert biome should be newer player friendly there should be extremely dangerous areas in all biomes as well as areas that careful lower level players can flourish if they avoid certain NPCs and players. If the trend continues what eventually will happen is the "top tier" region will be full of players and clans, while the other two biomes will be devoid of players except for those just starting on the servers.

Additionally there was a reddit post a while back about crafting which talked about the goal to be able to craft most weapons and armors with any materials. Essentially where a recipe might call for 20 metal and you could use 20 iron, steel, hardened steel, or star metal. The material used would affect the items stats. Is this still something planned, or has that been tabled with the rest?
Posted Jan 5, 18
Votes:
+70
Hey Bones, sorry to be a bother, just wanted to update you on the things not working on the character creator.
Nose sliders, ear sliders, cheek sliders on male avatar have no effect on the final look once the character is created. Please test this yourself aswell, and if someone could fix this for the next update (whenever that may be) it would be really helpful. It's a waste to have choices in the editor and not see them come to fruition in the game, i know you'll understand. Oh, also the arrow in hand bug needs to be resolved..it's been in the game since the start :d
Having said that, wonderful work on the latest armor! All the sets look amazing, too bad they don't dye as good as they look ;)
Keep up the amazing work, you guys are making a gem of a game!
Posted Jan 16, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+626
Admins
Online on Site
wrote:
Hey Bones, sorry to be a bother, just wanted to update you on the things not working on the character creator.
Nose sliders, ear sliders, cheek sliders on male avatar have no effect on the final look once the character is created. Please test this yourself aswell, and if someone could fix this for the next update (whenever that may be) it would be really helpful. It's a waste to have choices in the editor and not see them come to fruition in the game, i know you'll understand. Oh, also the arrow in hand bug needs to be resolved..it's been in the game since the start :d
Having said that, wonderful work on the latest armor! All the sets look amazing, too bad they don't dye as good as they look ;)
Keep up the amazing work, you guys are making a gem of a game!
Bones I'd add to this, which has likely been mentioned, that female makeup is broken as well. Changing anything in character creation means your female character ends up with no makeup at all in-game. And I'll add my voice to Anwar's here in hoping that the dyeing issues on the new sets will be looked into and resolved.
AbinIjg.png
Posted Jan 16, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+626
Admins
Online on Site
I'd love to know if we'll be able to BUILD in the Relic Hunter city style and if we'll be getting increased building styles as the game goes on. FuncomCM
I'd also love to know if the Aquilonian armor is ever going to be fixed so that it no longer has large sections you cannot dye? Bones
AbinIjg.png
Posted Mar 25, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 27, 18
Aethos o
Votes:
+60
Online on Site
I have a feeling at some point before launch there will be a server ini option for enabling building in areas not normally allowed. I'm sort of ambivalent about whether I'd enable it, myself, though. I'd like to be able to build a few things closer to the starter area to guide new players, but otherwise would wanna keep it off.

Guess we'll see!
"Why do good people pick the wrong people in love?"
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky.
Always follow your heart.
-Aethos Desiderio
Posted Mar 25, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+626
Admins
Online on Site
wrote:
I have a feeling at some point before launch there will be a server ini option for enabling building in areas not normally allowed. I'm sort of ambivalent about whether I'd enable it, myself, though. I'd like to be able to build a few things closer to the starter area to guide new players, but otherwise would wanna keep it off.

Guess we'll see!

Oh I'm not looking to build IN the Relic Hunter City... just hoping the style used in that city (and others really!) will eventually be available for us to use! More visual options are a good thing!
AbinIjg.png
Posted Mar 27, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Page
of 11
Top Posters
660 Posts
211 Posts
194 Posts
171 Posts
170 Posts