Main Forum

Notice Your Admins (A work in progress)

9 replies
Votes:
+624
Admins
So our first suckers...um...volunteers!...are:
Naatok Yes, nepotism! LOL Hey as the man who made me fall in love with him in AoC it seems only natural that my favorite partner in crime should be here as well!

Rykoth Old Cimmera RP PVP server buddy and then Clan Koragg. Lore buff and all round good guy. And a fellow Yank!

Long overdue but need to add Morador !

And ALSO long overdue... welcome to Fia of Pippi fame!
AbinIjg.png
Posted Feb 6, 16 · OP · Last edited May 30, 18
Votes:
+300
<Golf claps.> Do gewd. :thumb:
Posted Feb 6, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+2
I personally don't know enough about the game yet to be an admin, I think. Once the new game is out, I will help out however I can of course, regardless of rank, or lack thereoff. ;)
Leonine Tigeress
Posted Feb 6, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+381
*kicks the dust off the old ass post and points to herself. "Necro" She excuses herself with a smirk.*

Hey Admins!

What do you folks think about getting some kind of regular meetings together for the CERP Community!? We could find some time to do some Teamspeak/Whatever. I will even host. It would help us get on the same page to reconcile some of the burning questions our folks have for the future of our interest in CE. Our site is a bit too quiet, we need to keep the flame bright!

There are many topics that could be addressed:

- Lore (for like every race)
- Mechanics
- Aesthetics
- Best Practices
- Community Building

...and those are just off the top of my head in 30 seconds. Come on, dudes and dudettes...you started off gung-ho, let's keep it going! (Yeah, I know I'm not a ceremonially knighted admin, but I really don't care about that, nor do the admins, apparently), pretty sure my record proves I care about the community, so let's continue to build one together!

badgergamers-logo250.png
Posted Sep 11, 16 · Last edited Sep 11, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+624
Admins
Hmmm... should we set up Discord for this site?
AbinIjg.png
Posted Sep 11, 16 · OP
Votes:
+109
I wouldn't say no for a Discord server. ;)
Posted Sep 11, 16
Votes:
+174
Ugh.....Discord is a virus.
Posted Sep 12, 16
Votes:
+624
Admins
Ugh.....Discord is a virus.
As are most things that are "free." I'm not crazy about the way it is implemented but it does seem to work well. I guess it's time for a poll eh?
AbinIjg.png
Posted Sep 12, 16 · OP
Votes:
+109
Discord is pretty much as safe as Teamspeak, Skype, IRC, which in all earnest isn't much, but to be fair all programs that are connected to Internet are a potential security breach.
Posted Sep 12, 16
Votes:
+381
I'm not trying to criticize, sorry if it came out that way...I just want us to try and be proactive rather than waiting until release is upon us and realizing there is so much to do here and with the community at large.

Yes, it sucks that we're so in the dark. I have a couple of related side projects that are just sitting in limbo because of the push back, and maybe I'm just looking to keep myself busy but still connected to the community, but the more I try and throw bait out there to see if folks are interested in related side projects, the more I see people aren't. That is purely my mistake.

I don't need an admin tag to try to be helpful or productive, but one thing I do respectfully disagree with is that admins voices don't carry extra weight. Admins, like guild officers are pretty much public servants and community leaders who should think beyond creating forum categories if we want to expand and thrive, but I digress and I will get off my soapbox now and try to go back into lurk mode. :)

badgergamers-logo250.png
Posted Sep 12, 16
Top Posters
658 Posts
211 Posts
196 Posts
171 Posts
170 Posts
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Thu 21 Jun, 2018