Main Forum
Page
of 2

The Loss of Senorita Boom

12 replies
Votes:
+553
Admins
Cyrus Kring , husband of Senorita Boom, as posted to this thread. His post should be here so I am pasting it where it belongs.

Rowdy Warpath, Tee Van Cleef, Pradhana, Roudi, Firouzah, Takoda, Hemekthes, Niraba, Ra'Jahni and Dharsa (her favorite); these are some of the names Tonya Tenfeathers played under in games such as Fallen Earth, Age of Conan, ESO, and Conan Exiles. Most everyone that knew her just called her Tee.

She was a writer, an artist, a gangster, a mother, and a beautiful wife.

We lost her suddenly to complications of a non-alcoholic related liver failure. Our hopes were high that she would get a transplant, alas, not in time. She fought hard for four years and all the way to the end.

I appreciate everyone's well wishes and all but the only thing I ask of any and everyone that knew her or not is to become an organ donor and also donate blood. Stocks of blood expire every 42 days....so donate often.

Thanks,
Chris

I am sad to say that I have confirmed Senorita.Boom , owner of Badger Gamers Conan Exiles server, has passed away. I do not have details.

While I knew her only in passing here she was a lively and intelligent voice on these forums as we all excitedly discussed the upcoming game we're now playing. She had a grasp of the world of Conan and some of its more exotic cultures second to none.

She was also a marvelously talented artist and I invite you to check out her art thread here: Pradhana's Art Thread

Our hearts go out to Cyrus Kring , her husband and all of her family, loved ones and friends and to her server community. She will be much missed.

Please feel free to share your messages for Cyrus and others here and take a moment to speak of her if you knew her.
image.jpg
Picture courtesy of Cyrus
The family and friends of "Boom" would like everyone to know that if you wish to memorialize her, donations to The Red Cross are appreciated.
m48040100_ButtonLogo200.jpg

3829770.jpg
"I speak the Word from the hidden gulfs that never knew the sun
Send me a servant for my hate, oh scaled and shining One!"
― Robert E. Howard

Conan Exiles Roleplay: http://conanexilesrp.enjin.com/home
Posted Aug 29, 17 · OP · Last edited Sep 5, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+15
Untagged users
it truly was a sad day.
Posted Aug 29, 17
List
Undo
Fia
Votes:
+70
Untagged users
wow...very sad news. My husband and I offer our thoughts and prays for her, Cyrus, and their family.
Posted Aug 29, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+170
Online on Site
Untagged users
image.jpg
Posted Aug 29, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
Untagged users
An amazing lady who brought the world of Conan to life, made a community of the server who became friends .. a beautiful lady inside and out , who had a real zest for life .. indeed a sad time , and all our love and support go out to Cyrus and his family.
Posted Aug 29, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+32
Untagged users
She was a wonderous friend, a good woman. Someone who could always, despite the events of the day, just make you relax and smile through out the hardship.

I have reached out to Funcom, and I encourage others to do the same.

A Memorial, much akin to how WoW and Fallout have done in the past for those who supported their games, but grievously lost their lives too soon.

The memorial is as follows: The message sent to Funcom. (RL names have been replaced)

I apologize for the somber note of this DM, but needs must. A lovely woman, and a dear friend lost her life recently. Senorita Boom. She was one of your firmest supporters, running the server BadgerGamers with her husband, Cyrus Kring who is of course devastated by the loss. They both played AoC, running the Guild Amarnaset since 2009. They have always been at Funcom's side, and while I despise not being able to do so myself...I request a memorial in her honor. I do not have the technical skill nor the computer know how to create NPC's, and coming from your hands it would mean so much more to the begrieved then from mine.

The request is simple (I believe but...I know little of these things). A Pict NPC (One of her Favorites) named Tenfeathers. She greatly enjoyed the lore behind sorcery and that behind the people and nation of Kush. And I say this because I do not wish this npc to be "thrallable". I wish this memoriam to be much like Arcos, or Jamilla. An NPC the players could encounter, interact with and enjoy with out causing harm nor issue with it.

Thank you, for the time reading this and for considering such an action.

Your's in honor
Hothman

I hope others join in with me in reaching out to funcom to see this Memorial fulfilled in her honor.
Posted Aug 29, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+10
Untagged users
Well i was going to wait for her husband to post, waiting for him to make it public knowledge. But yes, We badgers lost our mama bear last week. Her and her husband, me and my wife where best of friends for many years, "Boom" and "cyrus" being family to us.

"Boom" made an impression on anyone she talked to, even if it was just a few exchanges, people remember her, and their interactions with her. She was a rare breed, a great person that was taken from those that love her too soon. "boom" did not know the words "no" or "im too busy" when her friends needed her advice or help, and i do not mean in some trivial in game moment where you are stuck or some shit. I knew no matter what life thru at me, no matter what troubles i had, even with how small they seem now, "boom" was there to support and offer advice.

Few people will know how close boom cyrus and us are, and that is fine. just as long as he knows our heart aches for his..and our loss...and that "boom" knows that we are here for "cyrus" and will love and protect him, as "boom" would have done for me or my wife if the situation was reversed.

Love you brother. again there are no words to heal, there is no going back to normal, we will feel the lose of your wife with you for the rest of our lives. all we can do is be here for you, and let you know how much we loved her, and love you.

-Charlie
Attached Images
Posted Aug 29, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+57
Untagged users
My condolences for your loss. She seemed like a good person and I think I would have liked her - strangely enough, I was looking at some of the Badger server stuff just last week. It sucks missing the opportunity to better know a person, too, though this is minuscule by comparison.

If I or anyone can do anything, please speak up. My best wishes to you.
"Why do good people pick the wrong people in love?"
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky.
Always follow your heart.
-Aethos Desiderio
Into The Badlands - Conan Exiles server
Posted Aug 30, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+7
Untagged users
My deepest condolences, i did not knew her personally, but from what i could glimpse of her personality here on these boards she was an amazing person. I hope Funcom steps up to crystallize her presence in the Conan universe. It probably won't bring any solace to those that miss her and loved her, but it would surely make her spirit smile.
Rest in peace.
Posted Aug 31, 17 · Last edited Aug 31, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+51
Untagged users
This is sad news. My condolences.
6.jpg
Posted Sep 1, 17
Page
of 2