Main Forum

Voice chat on server

5 replies
Arn
Votes:
+1
Hi everyone! Maybe this question has already been raised more than once, but ... I have a home server Conan exile, settings in the ServerSettings.ini:
serverVoiceChat = 1
serverVoiceChat = 1
However, the voice worked only once in the game. The next day the voice chat does not work. At the same time nothing changed in the settings! Please help with solving the problem, because RP-component directly depends on in-game voice communication.
Can someone in the RP-community solve this problem?
Posted Jan 11, 18 · OP
Votes:
+11
You might ask the Community Manager on Steam or on Reddit. I have heard that that was a problem for some but that was months ago, should have been fixed by now (The games I played in, it did work)
Posted Jan 27, 18
Arn
Votes:
+1
I asked there. While there is no solution to the problem. On some server some players can work, others do not work
Posted Jan 28, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 28, 18
Votes:
+11
I would contact Funcom then but while doing that I would make further inquiries with Server owners where it does work and find out if there are any differences between your setup and theirs.... If the Software is working on their server then find out how they got the voice chat to work and duplicate their results Perhaps, for example they are using Linux based Servers and you are using Windows, some other settings they have configured they you don't, etc. Those are my thoughts since these are just computers that are running software.

Also, you to wonder about ping and latency to your server compared to theirs, are there networking differences between yours and theirs. So I would ask that question also.

Peace!
Posted Jan 28, 18
List
Undo
Arn
Votes:
+1
OK
platform - Windows 10
ping 30-50

This is the home server. Voice chat sometimes works. Two people can work, and beside them a third person can not hear anything.
Before that, I rented the server from G-PORTAL, but there voice-chat never worked at all.
Thank you for your answers.
Posted Jan 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 29, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+11
I'm not sure but it could be that the voice chat is limited to 2 people (The one time I participated with someone in voice chat in-game it was with just one person).

Like I said, I would just ask people that have gotten it to work on their server and compare specs to what, if any differences there with hardware. Also, maybe they are running a different version of game.
Posted Jan 30, 18 · Last edited Jan 30, 18
Top Posters
630 Posts
211 Posts
187 Posts
171 Posts
170 Posts
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Fri 27 Apr, 2018
Birthday on Fri 27 Apr, 2018
Birthday on Sat 28 Apr, 2018
Birthday on Sat 28 Apr, 2018