Looking for a more immersive heavy RP server heavily based in Conan lore?
Look no further The Grey City welcomes you.
We are new server and we are searching for a small community of heavy RPers to join us and be active. We are looking for Rpers who wish to find a place in a heavily lore based server with mid-level challenge settings to help immerse ourselves in a difficult and deadly world with a a slightly more realistic feel. Rules are heavily enforced so violations will result in appropriately proportioned penalties.
The Server admins are long-time RPers. Our intention is to create a vibrant living world with frequent world wide events and unique player-made challenges. We hope to evolve and grow as the game does and as a community of serious RPers.
For more information https://conangreycityexiles.wordpress.com
Our Server rules are as follows
General Server Rules
- -Respect other RP’ers (No harassment, discrimination, etc.)
- -Lore adherence (Do not RP or create outside of could exist in the world)
- -RP Base: No god-modding, no metagaming
- -Heavy RP: IC at all times
- -Global chat is OOC
- -Mature server: Mature topics warning – Do not impose on anyone
- -Respect the other members of the community: We are a small server and in time we will all know it other very well. Because of this any form of discrimination. Race, Gender, religion, or sexuality will be addressed and dealt with severely.
Lore adherence: Respect the lore of the Conan universe and the lore of the Grey City. If you have questions regarding the lore feel free to ask an admin we will gladly fill you in or link you to information.
RP Base: God-Moding meta gaming or violating Conan, or server lore is punishable by banning. We have a zero tolerance policy.
Heavy Roleplay Server: We expect all members to behave with maturity and respect, as well as remain in character as much as possible. Global chat is exempt from IC rules as it is an OOC channel . However spamming it with unrelated topics or advertisements for other servers is not allowed. If a member is found guilty of this they will be removed from the server.
Mature content: Conan is a barbaric and mature world so mature content is not restricted, however we ask that you be respectful of other members and do not force anything on them without prior consent. This is considered harassment and will be dealt with as such.
Death: Death is disregarded ICly, unless you choose to kill your character. Death in PVP is described below, but in PVE, if you die, you are considered to have retreated or escaped with injury. If you were with a person or group, it is considered the group or other person saved you (unconscious). They either bring you home or to a safe zone (if you run back). If you are running back after a fight, you are considered not present, so PVP is paused for your character. Anything you see when running back cannot be used IC.
The Grey City Rules
- All are welcomed to the grey city
- No PVP in the Grey City (safe zone)
- You can use the market place to trade / barter
- Thieving is at your own risk
- You may ICly claim a home in the Grey City
- You cannot enter districts of different races
- The center terrace, including the tavern, are opened to all
- No camping the city
- Safe zone: The grey city is a place where even the gods have declared a truce. Being protected by magic, it is not possible to fight in this place. Defying this rule can get a player banished.
Crime and disputes: Arguments cannot be stopped and all other rules are enforced IC. Thieving is at your own risk, as your character can become labelled. All arguments can be “taken outside” to be resolved. If you use the market, you are opening yourself up for the risk of theft. No OOC action will be taken against thieves.
No camping: You may not build near any of the city’s entrance or hunt players coming in or out of the city. Be warned, once you reach the river or the open sands, you are no longer within the city’s protection!
- -PVP must be agreed upon by all party prior to PVP
- -Full on clan war must be declared publically (on Discord)
- -No offline raiding
- -No Kill on Site (KOS)
- -Thralls are permitted
- -Permanent character kill must be agreed upon
- Death (TBD)
- -Clan Wars: You must publically declare clan wars and have good IC reasons for them. ---Declaration of clan wars must be posted in Discord or shared with one of the admins online. --During clan wars, KOS of the rival clan is permitted. All members of a clan must agree to the clan war.
Kill on Site: KoS is not allowed. When approaching someone you wish to engage in PvP, you must speak to them OOC or emote and wait for their response before engaging. For the sake of immersion, you can declare yourself open to PVP when logging in, meaning anyone can engage you during that time.
Thralls Rules: Thralls are allowed to be posted for defensive purposes. The number of thralls must be considered reasonable. Killing a rival player’s thrall is permitted if it chases you, however, they are not to be kited or lured on purpose. Abusing this system will result in penalty and potential banishment.
Raiding: No off-line raiding. Clan wars must organize a schedule where raiding is permitted among themselves. Abandoned land claim units (single pillar, foundation, etc.) breaking building rules (assumption is that it was an omission unless proven otherwise), can be destroyed by anyone encountering them. This includes stealing goods from crafting stations.
Player kills and death: If you are killed in PVP, you need to make OOC arrangements. You can choose to be permanently killed and remake a character if you wish. If not you are either unconscious, or retreated on the brink of death. If you choose to be unconscious, you can be captured and must relocate to the enemy player base, where you must play until you escape. This must be part of the terms you discuss and agree upon when initiating PVP.
This a a building/survival game and so building is expected and encouraged, however our server has some rules that all members should adhere to.
- -No NPC / Thrall spawn hogging
- -No single unit land claims
- -Keep your bases and outposts logical IC
- -Consider your race / religion when building your outpost(s)
- -Consider thralls when building
- -No box forts
- -No hogging: Do not block the major NPC / Thrall spawn points. Single camp fires and the like are exempt.
Land claims: If you wish to claim land that is fine but you MUST build some type of immersive outpost such as a guard tower or small camp. Don’t just place a pillar and leave. These will be destroyed by admins if found and the player will be warned. Other players can also destroy and report these.
Size and expansions: For immersion purposes expanding beyond what makes logical sense for your character is not allowed. To clarify if you are one person you would have no reason to build a sprawling city with dozens of houses.
Immersion building: Keep your structures to what your characters would need, and keep in mind their, race, religion and number of thralls . For example while a Stygian may build a grandiose structure in honor of set, a Cimmerian would build no more then what is absolutely necessary for survival. Try to stick to racial architecture and equipment IC (unless valid IC reasoning exist). Using materials that would be otherwise unavailable to your character in the world is greatly discouraged. It greatly adds to immersion if you consider the style of buildings your character might use, and the gear they would know about.
Building for Thralls: You are expected to provide basic quarters for your thralls as well. Keep in mind how well your character might treat their slaves or if they would even have them at all. Non-slave thralls IC are considered residents. Making your thralls allies instead of brutally stolen slaves is perfectly acceptable we only ask that you hide or mark your wheels of pain as OOC (using a sign) so they can be ignored IC.
No box forts: These are structures resembling cubes and they lack creativity and take away from immersion. The exception is early structures such as your first house and such where survival is the only concern.
Outpost abandonment: If there is an old outpost, tower or structure you no longer use, you may take a screenshot and / or map location of the outpost and declare it ‘abandoned’ in our discord channel. This means that anyone can attack, use, raid the outpost, including the thralls residing within the walls. You are welcomed to make a story surrounding it (i.e. lost control of an outpost).