Main Forum

Drop on Death

3 replies
Votes:
+70
Untagged users
With the challenges of the new content, does drop on death make sense or cut into your enjoyment of the game. I play on a No drop server, and I cant imagine playing with drop on death with how challenging the mobs are now. Prior to the patch I rarely died, and am competent at PVP, after the new Biome, I die a lot.

With the new content, has drop on death become obsolete or do you suffer through the corpse runs?
Posted Aug 21, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+48
Untagged users
Our server has always been drop on death, it's not really any different now than before though. The only time I've ever really lost gear was if I can't find my body due to it being in a weird place (like in a rock) or just not showing on my screen, or if my body is at the bottom of a dungeon that there is just no way I can get down to alive like spider caves.

I personally prefer the challenge that drop on death provides, without it there is no consequence to dying what so ever so it forces people to be more careful.
Groznakh gro-Urzgrom
Posted Aug 21, 17
List
Undo
Fia
Votes:
+87
Untagged users
I enjoy the challenge. Like Groznakh said, it forces players to think about what they're doing.

Without drop on death, players can abuse certain parts of the game as well. If containers are open to everyone, thieves can take everything they can reach without worrying about encumbrance.They can remove their bracelet to "fast travel" to their bed. They can take crafting thralls too if a bench is within easy access. I'm fairly certain no one wants to loose a Legendary crafter to a thief. I have had to deal with this happening.

I understand why players like being able to keep equipment on death. I hate loosing my character's
items and gear too. However, when my character just escapes dying to a Rocknose King by a few points or she actually survives a fall by catching herself on the side of a cliff, it makes me appreciate the danger and her survival that much more.
Posted Aug 21, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+70
Untagged users
For me its about the time sink that corpse runs are. It cuts into the ability to RP and enjoy time playing with others. I understand the consequences of death and the impact of playing more carefully, but there are factors in play now that would make playing a task. Fall death, server crashes, harder NPC's, crazy spawn rates of animals and monsters; death is a certainty under the current version of the game.

Thanks for the responses though, its a great thing there are so many choices rather than this being a traditional MMO. Find a server set that suits you and enjoy!
Posted Aug 21, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Top Posters
588 Posts
211 Posts
178 Posts
172 Posts
170 Posts
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Fri 19 Jan, 2018