Main Forum

Njörun's artsy stuff

3 replies
Votes:
+5
Untagged users
My personal take on art and related content comes mostly from my passion for photography. So, through the years, I kept evolving from pure photo manipulation to "artsy" composits and some drawing and design. I'll leave you a few examples of recent things, to get an idea.

I would love to have some feedback on it and I always look for inspiration for new things... so feel free to point me to anything you fancy or think could be useful :)

P.S. Sometimes I do some work on commission but it's pretty rare, all things you see here have been done "just because" :3

P.P.S. If anyone wishes to ask for some work, please contact me privately

B8ODePR.png

27Q1gr9.png

GOmtQKF.png
Posted Jul 14, 17 · OP · Last edited Jul 14, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+13
Untagged users
I enjoy photography too, but have yet to make the leap from 35 mm to digital. I like to play around with images I find online.

I like the first banner you've designed a lot. I'm a big fan of contrast in storytelling and you've done that here. The light skinned, redheaded beauty in the frosty hills could not be more different than the brutal looking man with shaved head and warpaint in the wastelands. This could be an ad for the upcoming snowy highlands biome release for Conan Exiles.

The coin is an interesting choice. It is often a subject of debate on Conan Exiles RP servers, whether or not to have coins or just rely on a trade based economy. They say, "Coin is the eye of the devil", but it is convenient.

I would suggest you make King Philip's head bigger on the coin, but do away with the crown so it will fit better. That said, I like the coin and its slogans.
"Everyone is born a king, and most people die in exile."
Posted Jul 14, 17
Votes:
+5
Untagged users
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment. As you said I came up with the concept exactly because of the announcemente of the new biome and the following trailer. Although probably that banner will not be used in the final version of the forum... it doesn't fit with the color palette we chose unfortunately.

As for the coin I did that for someone else, the owner of a relaxed PVE server, they use silver coins and I thought it would be nice to have one with his effigy. As it is right now I wasn't able to have a bigger head without renouncing the crown, and that is a "conditio sine qua non" , a necessary condition.

The general concept of having money and coins is one we're still arguing about for the server we will be launching... on one hand it would be very useful and RP friendly, but at the same time it will be a heavy burden to manage on the Admin side...
Posted Jul 14, 17 · OP
Votes:
+13
Untagged users
I'd say do without coins, or make iron bars or something the standard form of money.
"Everyone is born a king, and most people die in exile."
Posted Jul 14, 17
Top Posters
588 Posts
211 Posts
178 Posts
172 Posts
170 Posts
Happy Birthday!
&
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Mon 22 Jan, 2018