Main Forum
Page
of 6

Notice Share Your Game Experience Here!

53 replies
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Honestly, I think I rather be a baker then. And eat cakes all day... preferably somewhere safe!
Posted Feb 2, 17
Votes:
+70
Untagged users
If you bake me a cake, I'll keep you safe
Posted Feb 2, 17
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
Another wonderful evening/night - Getting to know the neighbours-RP and some people throwing mats at me when I approach to say hello ;D
banner.png
Posted Feb 2, 17
Votes:
+98
Untagged users
So, another day and night passes, and more have come to assemble at the small island camp, a dream maintained by a man who would be king and a woman of queenly attributes and resolve. Upon the morrow, they will follow the promise of a better land than the waste of crocodiles and imps into which they were thrown, a place where a camp might become a settlement, a settlement into a village, and over time... a city of free men and women, survivors of one world who had found a better one.

For now, it might be enough just to have enough to eat, some hideworn clothing, and weapons and courage enough to stay alive for a journey that may be short in length, but long in peril.

Tidbits:
Two handed stone hammers are pretty darned good. Hyenas REALLY hate them.
Learning to make hide clothing makes you a hero in the wastes (looking at you, Llej)
Being topless is sometimes a choice, sometimes a chore, and sometimes just a reminder that the croc didn't quite eat you.
Archery is hard.
Tomorrow, I may try my hand at building a bridge over the river.
3765500.jpg
Posted Feb 3, 17 · Last edited Feb 3, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+17
Untagged users
Thank you for the tips Gorrud, always a wealth of wisdom come with experience.

Speaking of adventure to lands dreamt of, Osk has travelled much further north than before with much gained confidence through blood soaked sands challenging Hyenas, fighters and crocs with ought but primitive sword in hand and now a dagger. Those fighters made a rather fetching necklace of earlobes and to match tiny Imp teeth. She wished for steel more than anything. One step at a time for this lone Vanir.

Curiosity:
Is there any use for putrid meat and bones?
Posted Feb 3, 17
Votes:
+14
Untagged users
Great thread.
Still early access so best to keep that in mind.

I do not like the voice chat in game. Ruins the roleplaying. I turned that sound off.
Plus:
-Interesting monsters.
-Graphics.
-Building houses is simple and fun.
-Few ports open for servers is a must for hosting a server.
-New things added all the time.

Minus:
-Local chat you have to use the "*" for each message.
-Can not scroll the chat window.
-The deer is awfully tough.
-Not possible to select favourite servers for now.
-Even more advanced character cusomaiztion would be great.
-Not all the gods or deities are in game yet.
-More options for the view would be nice. Not only first or third person. Free camera?
-Found some note (message), but could not read it.
-Wall signs does not seem to work, but the other signs works.
-Chairs does not work.
3sAXztC.png
I am a queen by ice and steel and slaughter.
I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content.
Posted Feb 3, 17 · Last edited Feb 3, 17
Votes:
+98
Untagged users
New experiences and tips incoming!

1) Hammers are ACE against animals. Your right click attack with a two-handed hammer stuns creatures, making short work of them - just be aware that against shorter beasts, like hyenas, you have to aim it better. Also, hammers do TONS of damage, but they will do lots of friendly fire damage if you're in close to your buddies.

2) A group of 5-6 well-geared friends will make short work of most above-ground NPC bases. Watch out for the Black Hand's "ship", though - those guys have numbers and lots of archers.

3) Carry two filled canteens, one on your hotbar, and one in your inventory, if you mean to travel around. It's easier to die of thirst than starvation once you've got steaks going.

4) Watch out for the Rocknose Kings - the giant creatures that look like a cross between a rocknose and a giant ape. They have 25000 hit points. There's a video online of a group of four warriors taking one down, but it killed THREE of them (who ran back and regeared from their corpses), it took them about ten minutes of constant beating to do it, and they all had STEEL equipment and regeneration food, and they were actually very good at using their shields - these creatures do AOE damage with their double-handed strike. If you don't have at least 8 people clad in all-steel gear, you're gonna die to these guys. Also, the best loot it dropped was Demon Blood, so unless you need that stuff, just avoid the bastards.

5) Once you hit the savannah, iron and water are pretty easy to get, but you're going to run dry of bark (for leatherworking) and branches (for arrows).

6) Chat is wonky. You are going to mispost to Global eventually, if not constantly, so keep that in mind if you get some private RP going.

7) Elephants are bastards. One of them aggroed me, followed me up and around a rock ledge to my house, and when I went inside... began to tear the place up. ELEPHANTS CAN KNOCK DOWN TIER 1 WALLS IF THEY KEEP AT IT. They do NOT give up; this one started attacking during the day and persisted through nightfall - luckily, my guild joined in to take him down. Do NOT think your tier 1 sandstone structures are rhino- or elephant proof!

Housing Nightmare
3765500.jpg
Posted Feb 6, 17 · Last edited Feb 6, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+47
Untagged users
wrote:
6) Chat is wonky. You are going to mispost to Global eventually, if not constantly, so keep that in mind if you get some private RP going.

Set your keybinds for chat. My enter key is Local, for example.Saves you the hassle!
Posted Feb 6, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+98
Untagged users
Today's new experiences and tips:

1) Apparently, armor makes a TON of difference. I've been running an accelerated XP single player game on my machine for when the server is down and I just want practice learning the world layout and building things. I've got medium armor on my guilded main, but my little single player toon hasn't gotten out of the south to find ore, so is just using the light stuff, but is the same strength and level as the guilded one due to accelerated XP. My guilded main can take on three NPC people at once with a stone maul, and is now downing even Rhinos pretty easily, but the single player one still gets eaten up. Improving armor makes a TON of difference... duh, I know, but it's pretty dramatic.

2) Triangle foundations and floor pieces, unlike the sloping triangle walls, are equilateral triangles. Knowing this is the secret to making hex-shaped buildings.

3) The learning curve in the game seems to be just getting out of the southern river valley and stake a more profitable claim up north. That's another duh moment, I get that, but for alts or new characters, the ability to get through what I'm going to call the Spider-Hyena Line and trek north is the #1 way to go from Scrub to Survivor.

4) At standard XP levels, dedicated builders are going to hit a snag. Unless your server settings are tweaked around it, you just will stop getting enough XP from simply crafting to advance, and you'll get stuck. There will come a time when you just gotta put down the stones, equip your fighting gear, and go smack things... so you can level up, learn more recipes, and then go build more things.

5) NPC archers are hellishly accurate... but they can be drawn out of their camps once they know you're there. Just don't run into an Elephant when you're baiting humans.

6) Maybe I just need to go find the cooler areas, but the NPC camps don't ever seem to have anything good in their loot boxes. Best I can get from them in my stomping grounds is iron ore.

7) Turning on accelerated harvesting yields (as I'm doing in my little single-player test game) ALSO increases the speed at which your tools degrade. Keep this in mind once you move to iron or steel tools and need to fix them constantly.

8 ) Stupid Sexy Settites. That purple outfit is HOT.
3765500.jpg
Posted Feb 8, 17 · Last edited Feb 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Here's what I've experienced in my short time playing by myself on a single player server:

- Character creation is a little lacking and could use some more options. But, I've been able to make due with what I've got so far.

- I've ran into a couple lag spikes, but not during combat, thankfully. I'm hoping this'll be ironed out before release.

- Combat is actually pretty fun! Well, even though I pretty much pounded an Imp to death with nothing but my fists and emerging with only a small sliver of health left. So far I've got a good idea of what to expect from combat, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an actual weapon to see what that's like.

- I got my ass handed to me A LOT by friggin' turtles, NPC bandits, and packs of Imps. I kind of started to feel discouraged until I realized that I'm getting exp from picking up rocks, branches, and plant fibers. So, I guess I need to harvest stuff until I can craft the most basic weapons and tools before truly setting out, I guess.

- Swimming can be a little wonky. I can't keep my toon's head above the water without going into third person. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

Overall, I'm having fun with the game. Right now it's just trial and error for me, but I'll give myself a week or so before coming back to this thread and giving some better feedback.
Posted Feb 8, 17
Page
of 6
Top Posters
588 Posts
211 Posts
178 Posts
172 Posts
170 Posts
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Fri 19 Jan, 2018