of 6

Notice Share Your Game Experience Here!

53 replies
Votes:
+8
Untagged users
wrote:
snip

Thanks! Much easier than going through your inventory!
Posted Feb 1, 17 · Last edited Feb 1, 17
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
wrote:
Yes, you are playing a game with Clothing Damage. How this will or will not affect the Fighting Pits on Lleilwin's server is up for debate,.

I have a server? :d Anyhow, finally figured my way into multiplayer and on my target RP server.
Having fun building things and saying hi to the neighbours, who for some reason are either ultra suspicious or has a weapon handy... Loving it, but lack emotes very much!
banner.png
Posted Feb 1, 17 · Last edited Feb 1, 17
Votes:
+70
Untagged users
So far, no real issues. Game runs pretty smooth on my rig, and I am enjoying it immensely. Some quick tips: Repair often. Keep enough of the basics on you to repair after every encounter. Rocks, Wood, Hide, Plant Fiber all should keep you in tip top shape.

Find a water source first and foremost.
Drink from it's glory by pressing 'E'.
Shaleback eggs and bugs will get you through in a bind, but don't really move the needle on your hunger unless you eat stacks of them.
Crocs are a challenge early on, but craft a bow when able and kite them. 6 or so good hits will have them skinned and butchered in no time.
Make sure you craft several bedrolls. After you die, the one you placed is used and disappears.
"Shelter" (A little Icon that shows on the top left of your UI) helps slow thirst and hunger. You can often find shelter in the shadows of large rocks.

I'm a bit bottle necked on EXP at the moment, so as you level, make sure to gear up as venturing to the north without better gear will result in a prompt death.

While the game is clearly EA, with what FC has planned, this will be a great game and only get better with each patch!

Enjoy
Posted Feb 2, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+98
Untagged users
Last night was a good one for the Badger server. We were able to get the Amarnaset clan together at a recruiting outpost during a night of particularly stable connections and performance. The gathering of resources for the great migration to more valuable areas has begun, and there was a good amount of RP to be had.

Cool highlights:

I learned that you can actually get more hide/wood/meat from an animal by using the pick on it to harvest it; before that, I thought that I was wasting my kills because only one thing might drop when the animal went down. I'm sure others of you picked that up right away, and I was embarrassed not to have known it, but it makes a MASSIVE difference, as I was stuck from making bows and the Armory bench because I just couldn't get hides to drop. For those of you just starting out, this one thing is your ticket to go from "How can I actually get anywhere?" to "Hey, I can explore some now because I'm not starving all the time." Now, I dine on STEAK... and can actually RP for a while without saying "(OOC Food/Drink Run, sorry)" and go diving into the river and grabbing eggs.

Since it's not made obvious, here's how you make Gruel:
Build and access a Campfire
Put in wood (for fuel), and five Plant Fibers plus one Seed for every batch you want. Allow time to cook and then collect.
A batch makes for ten units of gruel, which can then be used with your Wheels of Pain.
Note that you CAN eat gruel yourself. Each unit of gruel only cures one unit of hunger, though, just like insects, so it's not a really reliable food source, but if you are ok burning up your wood and plant fiber and just want to DO something with your seeds, go for it.

So, those of you wondering what to do with all those seeds, there you have it.
3765500.jpg
Posted Feb 2, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+70
Untagged users
Thanks Gorrd, Great tip on the gruel.

Last night was good on Badgers. Pretty smooth gaming.

I am struggling to find others at this point. I have one weary neighbor... we both seem to square off then cautiously walk away. I see plenty of structures around me, but no people... I can only assume that they play at different hours which was to be expected with so many in PST and I'm EST.

Still having a blast, and my initial impressions are good, if not hopefully for all of the promised changes we can expect as we get closer to a full launch.
Posted Feb 2, 17 · Last edited Feb 2, 17
Votes:
+81
Untagged users
@Gorrd ,
That's some great advice Gorrd. I've been trying to loot the animals I've killed and couldn't understand why there was never any meat in their inventory. I've been starving to death because I've had the opposite happen to me and kept getting hide, but no food, for the kills.

Hopefully they'll eventually add a skinning knife or something similar to the crafting tables and require you use that to harvest animals sometime down the road. I can't imagine the pelt would be worth much if you wacked it with a pick several times.
Posted Feb 2, 17
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
Axe and sword works well too... On human opponents too, though their meat remain inedible
banner.png
Posted Feb 2, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+17
Untagged users
One moment never to be told again. Osk challenges many wandering fighters and bands of Imps, she is pretty proud of surviving alone thus far until, the most colourful juicy bird caught her eye. Low and behold with new shield in hand, she drew primative sword at this Ostrich to only be bested for the first time. Had to take the naked walk of shame back to camp.
Posted Feb 2, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+98
Untagged users
wrote:
One moment never to be told again. Osk challenges many wandering fighters and bands of Imps, she is pretty proud of surviving alone thus far until, the most colourful juicy bird caught her eye. Low and behold with new shield in hand, she drew primative sword at this Ostrich to only be bested for the first time. Had to take the naked walk of shame back to camp.

I happened to see a naked Osk walking around, indeed, but she seemed to be either a bit shy, or cross, at the moment. Perhaps it was this moment!
3765500.jpg
Posted Feb 2, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Died from thirst.
Starved to death.
Mangled to death by imps.
Ripped to pieces by a pack of Hyenas.

Can't wait to see what happens next!