Page
of 6

Notice Share Your Game Experience Here!

53 replies
Votes:
+566
Admins
Online on Site
Alright, those of you lucky enough to already be playing the game, please share your experiences, impressions, criticisms AND praise here! And your screenshots! Thank you!
"I speak the Word from the hidden gulfs that never knew the sun
Send me a servant for my hate, oh scaled and shining One!"
― Robert E. Howard

Conan Exiles Roleplay: http://conanexilesrp.enjin.com/home
Posted Jan 31, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Rykoth a
Votes:
+87
Admins
The Good:
- The Game Itself

The Bad:
- Lag, lag, and lag

The Ugly:
- Huge connection bug atm where you get booted back to menu or crash trying to connect to a server

Those're my initial 'I have slept only 3 hours' thoughts.

Once they fix this connection issue and work on the lag, the game itself is quite fun. Challenging, but fun.
Posted Jan 31, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+41
Untagged users
Overall I enjoyed the game and it has great potential. I bought the Barbarian Edition and I don't regret buying it (I am drooling over the RPG rulebook). The world they created is pretty awesome and I love all the lore they have hidden throughout it. The game seems to be pretty well optimized for an early access game. I enjoyed the crafting system as well.

The game has its issues like any early access title. I don't think it is as buggy as some of the other survival games were at first. The AI is still really janky. The only real lag I have run into is rubberbanding, however, this seems to mainly affect mobs and NPCs. Some of the stock settings will need to be adjusted for the game to be enjoyable. Also, the combat still needs a lot of refining because right now it's not really any better than a spam fest with blocking ( Can we only block with a shield? I couldn't block with just a one-handed weapon out.).

Did cooking times seem long to anyone?
Posted Jan 31, 17 · Last edited Jan 31, 17
List
Undo
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
Haven't had a whole hour in-game yet and frankly just fiddling around solo to try and get a grasp of the game

So far I like it! I like a lot what they have accomplished.

Negatives
- Inability to drink from a river you swim in?.
- Haven't been able to find any emotes yet but surrender, and that ain't especially helpful :d (Probably just me who haven't figured it out yet)
banner.png
List
Undo
Votes:
+41
Untagged users
wrote:

Negatives
- Inability to drink from a river you swim in?.
- Haven't been able to find any emotes yet but surrender, and that ain't especially helpful :d (Probably just me who haven't figured it out yet)

You have to press [E] to drink water from a water source. I drank water while swimming multiple times. I don't think the emotes are in the game yet. [R] is supposed to bring them up, however, it currently just brings up a radial wheel with the menu and inventory on it.
List
Undo
Votes:
+98
Untagged users
It took me some finagling to get into the Badger server, but when I did, it was good to see that people are already trying to RP and figure out the game. I ran into a few folks, but I haven't yet ventured interaction or RP because each time, I'm on the verge of dying from thirst or starvation... but, that'll change!

I may be unusual here in that I have never played a survival game until this one; I expected it to be pretty brutal, but at this stage in the game, it still stings to have spent an hour harvesting stuff, only to lose all of it because the game spawns not one, not two, but three hostile and suspiciously well-equipped NPCs in the only place where I could get water. But this is apparently the way of it, so onward and forward. I finally managed to get a bedroll down in a good place, but upon dying, I realized that the bedroll goes after you come back to it, so you gotta make another one with an empty inventory; I learned not to get to close to the really big shalebacks while trying to harvest plant material... owww! I did get help against it from another player - bless guild aspirants - but it was too late for me.

The game did lock up on me at one point, freezing my character in place and allowing no input except to toggle the inventory screen; a restart fixed it.

Does anyone else have issues with the map? I can bring it up, but only occasionally will it actually show the arrow to point out my location. Does it not engage until to get so far in, or so far along?
3765500.jpg
Posted Jan 31, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+381
Untagged users
Yep, we had launch issues.

A shit ton of people waited until the last moment to apply, that coupled with bored people sitting on the website for literal days and hitting the refresh button every five minutes broke the server which exacerbated the problem of people not being able to apply.

PingPerfect went down a couple of times.

Game server crashed a couple times and prevented some folks from getting into the game.

It's been pretty stressful but the game itself runs pretty well until hitting choppy lag spikes. Some of the default settings seem too much. Food spoils FAST. Days and nights go by FAST. An adjustment phase for all, but it will be worth it in the long run.

badgergamers-logo250.png
Posted Jan 31, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+109
Untagged users
I have been playing around in singleplayer to get a hold and feeling of the game. I definitely like it and I can't wait see what the future will bring.

With the default settings, everything goes fast - thirst, hunger, night and day but some tweaking with such adjustments will do the trick!
List
Undo
Votes:
+98
Untagged users
I can't tell yet if the quick hunger and thirst bars are more a factor of WHAT we're eating and drinking. The official guide reminds us that Shaleback eggs give a little bit of boost to food/drink endurance, so a couple of eggs ought to really help out.
The waterskins help tremendously - it was a pain after death #1 to realize that the free waterskin you get off Mr. Bat Food disappeared. The insects are a nice convenience for food, but they're more emergency measure than anything. I think my next goal is to finally start cooking some shaleback meat once I figure out cooking.

I was able to get just to the point where I was going to attempt to build a little shack next to a cliff wall, but that's when the hostile NPCs triple teamed me, and I'd not yet made a shield or stone sword.

We had a lot of people on the Badger server, and I found the game to run rather well except for the one freeze up; I had more trouble trying to get my window resized than with game performance. I'm hoping that once we start getting the hang of Not Dying (TM) we can arrange meeting places - strategically speaking, there's that spot where there are two campfires, across the stream from one another, and if we can get enough people working together, I bet we could set up a forward compound, keep the NPCs at bay, and begin planning for coordinated activity.
3765500.jpg
Posted Jan 31, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
Untagged users
My game experience so far exists of crying and blowing my rape whistle whilst sprinting from crocodiles, shellbacks, NPC raiders and hyenas.

I love this game already!
Posted Jan 31, 17
List
Undo
Page
of 6
Top Posters
588 Posts
211 Posts
178 Posts
172 Posts
170 Posts