Page
of 6

The Amazons!

57 replies
Votes:
+109
Untagged users
wrote:
This looks like an excellent guild, but the whole permadeath things isn't for me. Last night alone I died 3 times to lag/server desync. Good luck to you.

You can check us out on Bones of Acheron server. :) As Lieilwin mentioned above the guild has moved to another server (I play on both servers!).
Posted Feb 7, 17 · Last edited Feb 7, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
wrote:
wrote:
This looks like an excellent guild, but the whole permadeath things isn't for me. Last night alone I died 3 times to lag/server desync. Good luck to you.

You can check us out on Bones of Acheron server. :) As Lieilwin mentioned above the guild has moved to another server (I play on both servers!).

PvP or PvE?
Posted Feb 7, 17
Votes:
+109
Untagged users
Bones of Acheron are both for PvE and PvP. :) but we'll be posting a server ad in the future, in which will explain how things will work and such. But I can say that it won't be any ganking or anything.
Posted Feb 7, 17 · Last edited Feb 7, 17
List
Undo
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
wrote:
Thank you! It is an excellent guild, in my own modest opinion, and after having played on Permadeath server I will, personally, agree with you.

In this early access stage, permadeath due to lags and DCs are all too likely to happen.
In the brief period, Amazons was located on a permadeath server, I saw that the setup did not encourage RP.
Instead, it encouraged anxiety

Some ppl would throw materials at me and run away, if I approached them
Others would just try to kill me with not a syllable of RP spoken.

Amazons forged a good RP-relationship between each other, but I found permadeath and KoS rules to be detrimental to cross-guild RP

Yes, it added realism, but the cost to RP was, IMO, too heavy

Amazons do not turn away from a fight, but we are first and foremost about the RP; RP that welcomes and includes others, as friends, allies or IC enemies.

To me, this game is not about a win. It's about the RP, first and always.
I like to PvP; I endorse PvP, but in this game only as means to RP. Not the other way around

And that is what Bones of Acheron will enbody, if I have my way, that is :d
banner.png
Posted Feb 7, 17 · OP · Last edited Feb 7, 17
List
Undo
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
Today, Amazons took up arms against their neighbour, a Setite priest who had continously harrassed their camp with probing attacks.
His camp was located, an effective three-pronged assault made, that breached the Setite's walls quickly and his soldiers was put to the sword.
The priest surrendered

440900_screenshots_20170207224641_1.jpg

Loot was rich, but the Amazons, daughters of Morrigan, deemed it necessarry to break the Shrine dedicated to Set.

Upon destruction, two mighty Serpents, minions of Set appeared to slay those who'd defile Set's altar, but Morrigan blessed her daughters with victory

440900_screenshots_20170207231638_1.jpg

The Amazons left victorious, carrying away their plunder and freed slaves, leaving two of their numbers to deal with the Setite

440900_screenshots_20170207231822_1.jpg

At dawn, only one had returned, telling the sisters that Arden had asked to be alone with the Setite priest.
Concerned, the Amazons searched for their sister, only to find her remains at the site of the battle.

Mourning, but with anger in their hearts the Amazons carried home the body of their sister to be burnt on the bonfire,
Vengeance would come!

440900_screenshots_20170207235206_1.jpg
banner.png
Posted Feb 7, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
So how do I arrange a space on your server so I can meet you all now that you have changed servers?
Posted Feb 7, 17
List
Undo
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
wrote:
So how do I arrange a space on your server so I can meet you all now that you have changed servers?

We'd love to see you there!

The Bones of Acheron [RP] server is located at 144.48.104.66:16935

If you register on our site www.bonesofacheron.shivtr.com I will send you the password ASAP
I know it's not enjin but shivtr has the advantage of being free of charge and it is possible to set up a decent website quickly

The Amazon River Outpost is located at the south lake here;

7a0cedd9-2007-44d4-b91f-1efaa6bcf103.jpg

Be careful as you approach as our manslaves (thralls) have not yet learned to distinguish friends from enemies, so give us a holler in Global chat :)
banner.png
Posted Feb 8, 17 · OP
Zin
Votes:
+16
Untagged users
I am terribly intriqued, can I sign up too?
Posted Feb 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+6
Untagged users
Right now we're very much in the recruitment phase, still need to set up a thread to advertise. But yes, we'd be happy to have more on the server. :) Contact either me or Lleilwin.

Although on a side note, the amazons are starting to swell in numbers, we'll most likely need those willing to form their own, join the Setites, or possibly team up with our resident trader. Though we can discuss that more elsewhere.
Posted Feb 8, 17
List
Undo
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
Today Amazons sent the spirit of their fallen sister back to the embrace of the Raven Queen.

Unavngivet_2.jpg

Afterwards, a sandstorm forced the attending inside and ale was brought out.

Speeches, sermons, trade negotiations and talk of war - All in a day's RP

The event was open to all
banner.png
Posted Feb 9, 17 · OP · Last edited Feb 9, 17
List
Undo
Page
of 6
Top Posters
580 Posts
211 Posts
174 Posts