Notice Your Admins (A work in progress)

21 replies
Votes:
+566
Admins
Online on Site
wrote:
wrote:
Anyad Clam Koragg continues to grow! LOL Yet another Lore mavin and techno geek, of which we can never have too many!
:d
A clam...?

In any case, I'm happy to be on the ground floor. By the time the forums need actual moderation, the game will be comfortably close... The same as the others, I'm happy to answer questions and help - even though I'm more a lore-head than a tech geek. :)
LOL Well now I have to leave the typo in place! :p Hope you're happy as a clam about that! ;)
"I speak the Word from the hidden gulfs that never knew the sun
Send me a servant for my hate, oh scaled and shining One!"
― Robert E. Howard

Conan Exiles Roleplay: http://conanexilesrp.enjin.com/home
Posted Feb 29, 16 · OP
Votes:
+381
Untagged users
*kicks the dust off the old ass post and points to herself. "Necro" She excuses herself with a smirk.*

Hey Admins!

What do you folks think about getting some kind of regular meetings together for the CERP Community!? We could find some time to do some Teamspeak/Whatever. I will even host. It would help us get on the same page to reconcile some of the burning questions our folks have for the future of our interest in CE. Our site is a bit too quiet, we need to keep the flame bright!

There are many topics that could be addressed:

- Lore (for like every race)
- Mechanics
- Aesthetics
- Best Practices
- Community Building

...and those are just off the top of my head in 30 seconds. Come on, dudes and dudettes...you started off gung-ho, let's keep it going! (Yeah, I know I'm not a ceremonially knighted admin, but I really don't care about that, nor do the admins, apparently), pretty sure my record proves I care about the community, so let's continue to build one together!

badgergamers-logo250.png
Posted Sep 11, 16 · Last edited Sep 11, 16
List
Undo
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
Hey Prad
Oh, I definitely think some get-togethers would be in order at some point.
Yes, the flames are somewhat subdued right now, but I am not too surprised with release date postponed and so many things in the dark yet.

However, admins of this RP-site are not rulers and admins of the game. Their voices do not carry extra weight compared to normal players because of an admin-tag.
More like, we're bureaucrats taking care of the place and investing some time into creating an RP-hub.

Pretty much like you are taking this initiative; which I applaud.

Want to be an admin? Shoot Morna a PM. She's the sort that like fresh blood, I hear :d
banner.png
Posted Sep 11, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+566
Admins
Online on Site
Hmmm... should we set up Discord for this site?
― Robert E. Howard

Posted Sep 11, 16 · OP
Votes:
+109
Untagged users
I wouldn't say no for a Discord server. ;)
Posted Sep 11, 16
Votes:
+171
Untagged users
Ugh.....Discord is a virus.
Posted Sep 12, 16
Votes:
+566
Admins
Online on Site
Ugh.....Discord is a virus.
As are most things that are "free." I'm not crazy about the way it is implemented but it does seem to work well. I guess it's time for a poll eh?
― Robert E. Howard

Posted Sep 12, 16 · OP
Votes:
+109
Untagged users
Discord is pretty much as safe as Teamspeak, Skype, IRC, which in all earnest isn't much, but to be fair all programs that are connected to Internet are a potential security breach.
Posted Sep 12, 16
Votes:
+381
Untagged users
I'm not trying to criticize, sorry if it came out that way...I just want us to try and be proactive rather than waiting until release is upon us and realizing there is so much to do here and with the community at large.

Yes, it sucks that we're so in the dark. I have a couple of related side projects that are just sitting in limbo because of the push back, and maybe I'm just looking to keep myself busy but still connected to the community, but the more I try and throw bait out there to see if folks are interested in related side projects, the more I see people aren't. That is purely my mistake.

I don't need an admin tag to try to be helpful or productive, but one thing I do respectfully disagree with is that admins voices don't carry extra weight. Admins, like guild officers are pretty much public servants and community leaders who should think beyond creating forum categories if we want to expand and thrive, but I digress and I will get off my soapbox now and try to go back into lurk mode. :)

badgergamers-logo250.png
Posted Sep 12, 16
Skara x
Votes:
+408
Banned users
Oh, I got tons of ideas in my mind; settings and communities I can envision if I don't put a lid on myself.

Thing is, IMO, that getting too creative right now might be a 90% waste of my time before we know more specifics about the game.
But that is me.
banner.png
Posted Sep 12, 16
Page
of 3
Top Posters
588 Posts
211 Posts
178 Posts
172 Posts
170 Posts
There are no birthdays today.